Peony Garden Stampin Blends Thank You Card PP499

by Joanne James12. July 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous LeAnne to host this week and she has a subtle colour challenge for you to work with:

I had been trying to decide on how best to use the fabulous sketch over at Fab Friday (so many possibilities!) which was crying out for the showcasing of some designer series paper (and my regular readers will know that my love of paper means I had A LOT to choose from!) and then when I saw this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink I knew I had the answer of how best to use LeAnne's colours this week. I went with flowers and texture and set to work - this is what I came up with:

Peony Garden and Customise With Colour - The soft florals and subtle colouring of the Peony Garden papers were the perfect starting point for the main panel of my card. I used my Stampin' Blends in the challenge colours to customise my paper, adding yellow centres to the flowers, Smoky Slate leaves and then the 'negative space' between the flowers was coloured in with Seaside Spray.

Subtle Texture And Detail - Whilst the DSP is clearly the star of this card, the panel and sentiment gave plenty of opportunity to add additional interest in terms of texture and detail. I embossed a panel of Seaside Spray cardstock with my favourite Subtles embossing folder and added a strip of co-ordinating scalloped linen ribbon to the bottom edge. I also added a few (retired) in-color faceted gems to my sentiment banner, and wrapped the embossed panel with white twine tied into a bow beneath this.

Magnolia Words - The sentiment on my card today comes from the 'Good Morning Magnolia' stamp set and whitst the outside is a standard thank you, I just had to share the lovely words that grace the inside of my card:

What a lovely way to complete a card!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Also - you may well have noticed from this week's challenge badge that we are on our 499th challenge this week; next week we will be celebrating our milestone 500th challenge, so be sure to come back to share in our celebrations!

Enjoy your day; I am baking today as a special friend of mine is celebrating her birthday today and as she happens to share her day with her son, her own celebrations often take something of a back seat, so I like to go the extra mile. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
7/12/2020 1:20:05 PM #

I think these papers are some of my favorites from this year's catalog....look how customizable they are!  I am impressed you colored all the background too...you have patience, my friend!  But your card is a vision of loveliness in these soft, subtle colors!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
7/12/2020 6:20:03 PM #

Wow, Joanne, SO beautiful!  Love these papers, and your soft colors are just so expressive here.  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
7/13/2020 3:14:13 AM #

What a stunning card, Joanne!  The customized background is so soft and lovely (plus they're Peonies!) and the embossed panel is the perfect setting for the sentiment and lovely twine bow.  Adding the sentiment on the card interior is a wonderful finishing touch! Love every bit of this!

Nicole Spencer
Nicole SpencerAustralia
7/13/2020 4:04:35 AM #

Beautiful! Love this soft and subtle use of the choose two elements Joanne. Thanks for joining at Just Add Ink.

7/13/2020 3:45:00 PM #

Oh Joanne, this is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!  I love those peonies.  I will have to order this paper!  This card just makes me smile!  Soft, feminine and elegant all in one!  I love the inside sentiment, too!  You certainly rocked the color challenge this week, My Friend!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/13/2020 9:38:30 PM #

SO soft and pretty! Great way to use the paper. Great marriage of the two sets, Magnolia and Peony. They're made for each other.

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
7/14/2020 2:03:48 AM #

Awesome job with the challenges!  Your custom colored DSP is perfect!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
7/14/2020 2:52:11 PM #

Beautiful, Joanne!  This stunning paper does all the work! Love the accents! A perfect card!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
7/14/2020 4:32:18 PM #

Well Joanne, you just took this paper up to a whole new level! Absolutely gorgeous! Vicky x

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
7/14/2020 7:27:38 PM #

Lovely soft colours - so pretty

Tina Gillespie
Tina GillespieAustralia
7/15/2020 12:35:19 PM #

Such a soft, pretty card. The colours are balanced so nicely and add a real elegance to your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
7/16/2020 4:06:03 PM #

So pretty!  I love that the paper can be customized and you showed off those challenge colors beautifully!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
7/17/2020 3:01:18 PM #

Joanne, I love these colors on your card it really is so soft and elegant.  Beautiful coloring job and a fabulous way to showcase this gorgeous DSP.
hugs
jaydee

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
7/18/2020 12:43:01 AM #

Wow!  Wow and also...WOW!  That DSP is absolutely stunning with the coloring you've done.  Really wonderful card, Joanne! Smile

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
7/18/2020 5:27:16 AM #

Wow! Joanne, as always you just blow me away with your beautiful designs. This is gorgeous!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!