Perennial Essence Friendship Card - PP492

by Joanne James24. May 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous LeAnne to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

I struggled a little with this week's sketch - so many possibilities I was spolied for choice! In the end, I went super simple. I love the rich colours of the inspiration photo over at Just Add Ink this week and they reminded me of one of the patterns in the Perennial Essence DSP pack, so that's where I ended up - take a look:

I mounted a piece of Perennial Essence paper onto a white mat and Pretty Peacock base, and framed it with a double-stitched rectangle frame before adding my sentiment banner. I heat embossed my sentiment, from the 'To A Wild Rose' stamp set, in gold onto the front of my card and finished with 'to call you my friend' inside my card. I added a few gold glittery enamel dots and my card was complete - I didn't want to do anything else to detract from that beautiful paper! I actually made two of these cards, and with the scrap of paper I had left over I made a third card that I added a gold foil Heirloom embossed frame to but no sentiment, but thought I would share with you as I still think it's rather a lovely goodbye to these two products:

I'm calling this one my 'Faux Monet' - up close you can see the canvas-effect detail of the paper and it's gorgeous.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I am hoping for warmer temperatures and much less wind today, as I have some flowers to plant out in the garden. Yesterday was so windy it was impossible to do anything constructive outside, especially with my overgrown lockdown hair blowing into my eyes! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/24/2020 9:08:04 AM #

I looked at the first card and was going to say that it was a great design for showing off lovely paper. Then along came your faux Monet - and ... bam! Fabulous. That gold frame took me right back to the Musee D'Orsay!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
5/24/2020 7:02:31 PM #

Such gorgeous, dramatic paper, and you've showcased it beautifully in both cards Joanne. Vicky x

5/24/2020 7:15:53 PM #

Wowza.....those JAI colors had me scratching my head, but this gorgeous DSP was perfect!  Beautifully done....simple and yet very striking!  Thanks for making my sketch look awesome!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
5/25/2020 1:21:03 PM #

I love how you framed that gorgeous paper! beautiful cards. Happy memorial Day!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
5/26/2020 6:11:34 PM #

That's so beautiful.  Looks really elegant

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
5/26/2020 9:06:16 PM #

The colors you used with the peacock, purple and gold are so stunning together.  It's a shame the dsp is being retired,  it is perfect for being the star of the show!  Both card are gorgeous, Joanne!

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
5/27/2020 1:43:58 PM #

Such pretty paper Joanne.  Great that you have made it the Hero on your card. Chantell x x

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
5/27/2020 10:12:07 PM #

Rich and lush with depth to disappear into is how I would describe these Joanne. Great use of DSP! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
5/28/2020 11:38:40 PM #

Wow - this is lovely!  Serene and gorgeous.  The second card - with the gold frame - is equally wonderful! Smile

5/29/2020 1:51:06 PM #

Just WOW--Joanne!  These cards are amazing!!!!!!!  I love them both.  The DSP just rocks and that gold frame is fabulous!  You would never know there was a struggle with the sketch!  I love when the DSP does all the work!  Have a great weekend!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
5/29/2020 2:52:08 PM #

Joanne, this is such a rich, deep color combo and your showcased it beautifully.  What a beautiful take on the sketch and the color combo.  It belongs in a gallery!
hugs
jaydee

Cindy Beach
Cindy BeachUnited States
5/29/2020 4:20:19 PM #

This card really caught my eye in TPP lineup. Such elegant lines and rich colors make it so uniquely beautiful.

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
5/29/2020 5:34:03 PM #

What a beautiful card, Joanne! It is most definitely a lovely farewell to this gorgeous paper! It's so rich and elegant!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
5/29/2020 9:22:13 PM #

Love those gorgeous papers!  Your card is so elegant with the touch of gold!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!