Sweetly Swirled Wreath Card

by Joanne James27. April 2020 08:00

Another Monday, another week! I have two cards for you today, both using Jen's fabulous layout at Freshly Made Sketches. This first one also uses the colour palette over at Color Throwdown:

I loved Jen's sketch and decided to create a split panel, with the navy panels raised on yellow, and a wreath made using the Sweetly Swirled stamp set that has been sat on my shelf uninked for months and is now about to retire (don't you just hate it when that happens?!):

I stamped my wreath and some greenery directly onto a stitched circle, then fussy cut some additional stamped flowers and leaves and simply layered them on top. I heat embossed my sentiment in white onto my navy panel, which I split and popped up on a Daffodil Delight card base.

This card is just my kind of card and whilst this is the first time this stamp set has seen ink, it is one I will be keeping in my collection, not least because I love the swirly font of the sentiments too.

Enjoy your day; it is looking considerable more grey here today in the UK and the weather outlook for the next 10 days is rain, rain and more rain. It hasn't started here yet so since the children are getting on with their distance learning, I'm spending the day outside to get on with my outside jobs whilst I still can; my blog posts are all prepped for the week so I can leave the crafting until it starts to rain! I'll be back shortly with another card that I made using Jen's sketch for some very special people. Until then, happy stampin'!

4/27/2020 12:51:24 PM #

This is a great little set and I am sad to see it retire so quickly!  I barely had time to use it!  I love what you did with it...the Navy background really makes the pretty little wreath stand out so nicely!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
4/28/2020 2:00:01 PM #

I agree LeAnne - I so hate it when that happens and I love those little swirly shapes and simple flowers!

Kim S
Kim SUnited States
4/27/2020 3:18:18 PM #

I definitely have sets that retire without me ever using them!!  I love what you did with Sweetly Swirled - perfect for the sketch and I love your use of the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
4/28/2020 2:01:01 PM #

So glad it's not just me Kim - I get stamp envy when I see pretty things that everyone else creates but end up accumulating stamp sets way faster than I can ever use them! So glad you liked my card.

Lee Ann Barrett
Lee Ann BarrettUnited States
4/27/2020 10:01:42 PM #

Well done!  I love your split blue panel revealing the yellow beneath!  Very classy!  Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
4/28/2020 2:01:29 PM #

Thanks LeeAnn - I love the simple layout that this sketch allows.

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
4/28/2020 12:39:22 AM #

Joanne, this card is so gorgeous! Love how you used the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with the challenge at CTD!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
4/28/2020 2:01:51 PM #

Thanks Wanda - I couldn't resist these colours this week!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
4/30/2020 7:24:03 PM #

Yes, I'm a fan of this set too - and I remember only too well that feeling of sets retiring before you've had a chance to use them! Vicky x

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/1/2020 10:37:17 PM #

The way you've used the Night of Navy for your 'white' space really makes a statement. Lovely little wreath you've created too. Sweet and stylish!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!