Ornate Style Friendship Card PP486

by Joanne James12. April 2020 09:00

Happy Easter Sunday wishes everyone! As it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Jaydee to host this week and she has a beautiful colour challenge for us to work with:

I used Jacquie's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches as the basis for my card today (I used a Layered Square Die instead of a diamond, turning it onto it's point) which showcases the main floral stamp from the Ornate Garden Suite pre-release - take a look:

Ornate Style - The Ornate Style stamp set is one of two that feature in the Ornate Garden Suite that is on early pre-release from the new 2020-21 Stampin' Up! catalogue; you can read more about the whole suite in my earlier post here if you missed it. I used the main floral stamp in the Ornate Style stamp set as the focal point for my card. I heat embossed the image in silver onto Whisper White cardstock and coloured it with my Seaside Spray, So Saffron and Smoky Slate Blends. I added the single flower stem from the same set to the inside of my card:

I haven't added a sentiment yet; I might turn this into a birthday card, as I have lots of them coming up, but for the time being I've left it black until I've decided.

Something Blue - I used Seaside Spray as the main colour on my card today: for my base, a layer of in-colour DSP inside my aperture and a trio of faceted enamel dots. I've used this same colour combination before on these projects, where I used So Saffron as the main colour. Which one do you prefer? Feel free to leave me a comment below, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Ornate Thanks - I finished my card with a heat embossed sentiment from another of the stamp sets in the Ornate Garden Suite, called Ornate Thanks. This is a great set with lots of sentiment combinations and I particularly like the style of the handwritten font.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we will of course be hunting for Easter eggs today and spending much of the afternoon consuming large quantities of chocolate whilst making the most of our own company - again! Safe safe everyone! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

4/12/2020 2:21:31 PM #

This is such a versatile stamp set, I love how you've used it here!  I love the little DSP peeking out from behind as well!  Great minds think alike!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
4/12/2020 9:06:16 PM #

Really love the soft colours in this card

Jacquie Southas
Jacquie SouthasUnited States
4/13/2020 5:22:02 AM #

I love this gorgeous floral image and the way you have place it to reinforce the diamond shape! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
4/13/2020 12:26:14 PM #

This is so pretty Joanne. The silver embossing and the soft colouring make it look like a piece of intricate lacy embroidery. Both base layers are lovely but for myself, I prefer the blue Smile
Vicky x

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
4/13/2020 4:35:39 PM #

Wow this floral design is gorgeous!  Love the soft colors against that pretty blue!

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
4/14/2020 1:01:24 AM #

This is such a beautiful card!  Those flowers are just gorgeous!  I love the colours!  That daisy inside is just the sweetest!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
4/14/2020 8:22:00 PM #

I totally agree with Vicky's comment, your embossed and soft colored bouquet looks like a lovely piece of lace.  I love the blue background behind the gray leaves and mostly yellow blooms.  This is such an elegant and beautiful card Joanne that definitely deserved to be one of the FMS winners!!  Congrats!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/16/2020 7:22:56 PM #

Joanne, this is so pretty.   I love those wonderful flowers on the blue background.  I also love how you incorporated the sketch.  All round - gorgeous card
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
4/17/2020 2:07:58 AM #

Very sweet! I like the sponged DSP that grounds it to the card front. Embossing the stamp then colouring it gives a pretty vintage effect.

4/17/2020 8:46:05 PM #

Joanne, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!  Congrats on your win at FMS!  Such a beautiful card!  I love this color combo and your card is so soft and delicate.  The floral design is stunning!  You certainly rocked this color challenge!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
4/18/2020 12:48:28 AM #

Absolutely stunning, Joanne! The colors on the floral image are so soft and lovely.  It's such a feminine card with a 1940's vintage vibe!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
4/18/2020 3:28:51 AM #

Gorgeous! I love how you showcased the color combo with this stamp set. Wow!!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!