Clean and Simple Timeless Tulips for PP482

by Joanne James15. March 2020 10:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! I am the hostess this week and I have a clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

The daffodils are blooming in my garden and after an extremely wet and windy winter here in the UK, I am so ready for Spring! In addition to that, and the current battoning down the hatches in light of the Corona virus worldwide, I think we could all do with a little colour in our lives, so I hope you will play along with my challenge this week!

Remember in addition to the theme of "Spring Flowers", this week is a Clean-and-Simple (CAS) challenge!  What do we mean by CAS?

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered

I've made lots of projects using the Timeless Tulips bundle but haven't shared many of any on my blog so thought that today would be a good opportunity to remedy this! I grabbed the fabulous sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch this week and set to work - take a look:

I deliberated for ages over my card, as I so often do when it's clean-and-simple week, but in the end came up with something that was so easy to create. I added a strip of gingham check to the edge of my card, stamped my sentiment in Basic Grey then added a trio of short stemmed tulips stamped in Flirty Flamingo pink, one in each size that is included in the set, and either fussy cut them or used the co-ordinating Tulip Builder punch. I adhered them at the base so that they had a slight lift and added some small epoxy dots to symbolise raindrops to the petals to finish. As easy as that - another #SimpleStamping card this week, we all need some of those!

Just 6 items is all it took to create this sweet tulip card; here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

I'm also linking up with the lovely ladies over at Festive Friday where they are celebrating spring - my choices from the inspo list are flowers, green, pastels (and raindrops!)

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; it's wet and miserable here today and I was hoping to hibernate to my craft room, but against all my better judgements I might have to venture out to the supermarket, since all of the panic buying has resulted in my regular weekly shop being delivered minus much of what I ordered so I'm not quite sure how I am going to feed the James family this week! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
3/15/2020 11:34:10 PM #

I just LOVE tulips...what a pretty card!!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
3/16/2020 10:11:59 PM #

So clean and beautiful, Joanne! The epoxy drops are the perfect accents.  This wonderful sentiment is nestled in the perfect position on the card.  LOVE it!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/17/2020 2:13:26 AM #

I love this clean and pretty design. Such lovely spring colours too. Here it will soon be autumn so the colours are very different.

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
3/18/2020 1:48:07 AM #

Hey Joanne - love the challenge this week - and boy did you knock it out of the park!  Absolutely lovely!  Wow! Smile

3/18/2020 11:46:58 AM #

Great minds think alike!  I love how you used the tulips in your CAS sketch...so very soft and pretty!  Hope all is well over there in the UK!  Thinking of you all!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
3/18/2020 4:35:34 PM #

A perfect card for Spring! So love that gingham paper!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
3/18/2020 5:41:31 PM #

Joanne, these tulips are so pretty in the soft pink and I love the green gingham!  Great challenge!  I hope you and your family are hanging in there and staying healthy!

3/18/2020 10:48:26 PM #

Joanne, this is fabulous!  Tulips are my favorite flower!  These look so realistic!  The panel of green gingham is so pretty and this card shouts SPRING!  This sketch is just perfect for CAS cards, too.  This is a great challenge!  Stay well, My Friend!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
3/21/2020 12:16:30 AM #

Joanne, these colors just scream Spring.  I love the soft chartreuse with the pale pink.  Such a gorgeous card.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/21/2020 5:09:49 AM #

Ohhh, clean and simple week. Haha! Love how you featured these beautiful blooms and the pink really pops against the gingham. So pretty!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
3/23/2020 12:50:00 PM #

More gorgeous gingham and the tulips teaming beautifully with it! I love the colour palette you've used too. Vicky x

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.