Rooted in Nature Winter Wonderland CAS Christmas Card

by Joanne James30. January 2020 12:30

The week is running away with me again - I can't believe it's Thursday already and I'm finally managing a blog post! Today I'm sharing a card that I made for a few challenges in an attempt to keep my 2020 Christmas cardmaking on track:

Armed with the codeword of 'Frosty' from the current challenge over at Addicted to CAS, along with the snowflakes, trees and pink sky in the inspiration photo at Hand Stamped Sentiments, I set to work and this is what I came up with:

This was another relatively quick and easy card to make: I used a 2 1/4" circle punch to make a mask and then sponged a combination of Melon Mambo and Blueberry Bushel inks on a Whisper White base to create my sky. I stamped a collection of trees from Rooted in Nature in Memento Black onto Whisper White and cut them out with my co-ordinating Nature's Roots Dies and popped them up on dimensionals in front of the sky. I added snow to the branches of my trees with a chalk marker then added a liberal application of glitter to the snowy branches and a few sequins to complete my frosty look:

How pretty is this? Given the crystalline appearance of all that glittery and frosty snow, I am also linking up with CASology for my take on the word 'Crystal'. I then stamped my sentiment (from the retired SU! stamp set 'Wonderland') in black onto vellum and wrapped this around the front of my card to finish. I do find it difficult to think about Christmas amongst all of the hearts and flowers that are prevalent at this time of year, so was grateful to the above challenges for some festive inspiration!

Enjoy your day; I am without electricity today, which since it was planned is no bad thing; I've enough laptop battery to write this post and access to a wifi hotspot, and no means to do any washing, ironing, cooking or vacuuming  - an afternoon of crafting it is then!! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/30/2020 11:26:55 PM #

This is stunning! The frosty trees are amazing -  I never get results this good when I try to use glitter, that's for sure! I think the choice of the pink sky was inspired - it really makes the trees stand out.

Raga Senthil
Raga SenthilIndia
2/1/2020 6:34:31 AM #

Wow! This is so magical. Love those frosty trees. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS challenge.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/1/2020 11:52:48 AM #

The dazzling diamonds was the perfect choice to go with your gorgeous sky Joanne. HOW do you get your ink blend so smooth? I used to be able to when the formula was different but I can't now! Vicky x

Joyce
JoyceUnited States
2/1/2020 6:28:09 PM #

A really stunning card, and such a peaceful scene.  The sentiment is spot on.  Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Genevieve D Valdes
Genevieve D ValdesUnited States
2/2/2020 5:16:56 AM #

Wow!  I love how you created the background.  Great idea to use the Dazzling Diamonds on the trees.  They look so pretty.  Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Fiona Whitehead
Fiona WhiteheadUnited Kingdom
2/2/2020 12:45:59 PM #

I love your card - the trees are stunning and I really like that pop of pink behind them.  Lack of electricity sounds the perfect way to be able to craft - I'm not sure what those other words are you mentioned ironing? vaccuuming?  Nope not sure I know those lol!  thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!