Dashing Deer CAS Christmas Card

by Joanne James31. August 2019 20:00

Today I've a short post to share a clean and simple Christmas card using this week's sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches:

I had my Dashing Deer Dies out on my desk for another project I had been working on and it suddenly occurred to me that the two smallest deer would work perfectly for the shapes on the sketch:

I stamped one on the cardbase and then added a top layer with the diecut overlay (a process made much easier with the use of my trusty Stamparatus), then stamped the second one and popped it in front on a dimensional. I added a stamped sentiment with a diecut floral embellishment, finished with a faceted dot and I was done. It took longer to think about the design of this card than to make it!

We started today with our very first family 5k parkrun, then had an afternoon where the boys and girls of the James household divided and conquered: the boys went to watch the local football match and the girls did a little shopping and music making. A fun day!

Remember today is your last chance to spend your bonus coupons or take advantage of the current 'Extra, Extra' joining promotion that is happening this month.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/31/2019 10:06:25 PM #

I love this set. This is a great way to use it. I really like the simplicity of it - so clean.

karen h
karen hUnited States
9/1/2019 2:15:17 AM #

Awesome CAS style! Great colors too. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
9/1/2019 10:21:56 AM #

This is a beautiful CAS use of this set Joanne. Love your popped up reindeer with that simple sentiment Smile

Wei
WeiTaiwan
9/2/2019 10:38:32 PM #

Such a CAS perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Holly L
Holly LUnited States
9/3/2019 5:06:24 AM #

Beautiful holidays' card, love it! Love the design and great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: