Hello Rainbow Birds

by Joanne James10. June 2019 20:30

I had a lovely class this morning with a group of ladies featuring the Stitched Labels bundle and spent the rest of the day running errands in the rain - a typical day of British weather here in the UK today! Today I'm sharing a card that was inspired by the photo over at Fusion and the fun technique that the team over at Just Add Ink are playing with this week and uses the new sketch over at Fab Friday:

Those rainbow birds were sugary sweet an I wanted to see what I could create inspired by them with my 'Free As A Bird' set - take a look:

The emboss resist technique was perfect for creating my rainbow panel. I stamped the birds in Versamark onto Whisper White cardstock then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I then sponged my rainbow using a selection of inks and finally rubbed the whole of the image with white craft ink to soften the colours slightly, before removing any excess ink and allowing the white cardstock beneath the clear embossed lines of the bird image to shine through. I added a little tag greeting and some Gorgeous Grape striped ribbon, along with a diecut border from the Flourish die set in the same colour.

I really like this pretty card; I love it when a challenge (or three!) pushes you beyond your  comfort zone and makes you create something different.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

6/11/2019 12:13:04 AM #

What a great idea!  I love your rainbow birds, great technique!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
6/11/2019 4:30:10 PM #

So very cute, Joanne!  I love emboss resist, and your background is so smooth and bright!  Lovely!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Patrice Easton
Patrice EastonAustralia
6/11/2019 11:00:33 PM #

I absolutely love your rainbow background, Joanne. I'm not typically a bird person but I keep seeing this set & it's becoming hard to resist. Hope the rain dries up soon. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink. x

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
6/12/2019 2:45:29 PM #

Sweet design!  Love the rainbow background under your birds.   Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Karren Johnson
Karren JohnsonNew Zealand
6/13/2019 6:28:27 AM #

Your emboss-resist birds are gorgeous, Joanne, and the beautiful background really makes them pop!  Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
6/20/2019 7:43:54 PM #

What a lovely way to do a rainbow but have it be a bit more soft!  The birds look lovely against the well blended colors!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: