Needlepoint Elements Subtles Floral Thank You Card

by Joanne James25. April 2019 20:50

I had a class today featuring the Needlepoint Nook Suite so have been making lots of cards featuring these products in the last week or so as everything has been out on my desk. Today's card is a clean-and-simple one using the current sketch over at SUO Challenges and the colour challenge over at Less Is More:

My card features two of the dies from the Needlepoint Elements Framelits used in an unconventional way - take a look:

A Floral Trio - When putting together one of my class cards, it occurred to me that the three leaf sprig and the three-looped piece when used together could make a sweet little flower. I had a little play and eventually decided to snip away my central green leaf before adding my pale pink flower petals, in which I left the diecut pieces in place. I created three of these flowers and added to my panel, with a little stitched edge detailing. I love it when I discover another use for a die or punch - so much versatility!

Super Subtles - I recently shared a colour family poll over on my Facebook page where I asked my followers to vote for their favourite of the Stampin' Up! colour families. I'm a Brights girl myself, however Subtles won with an overwhelming majority so for everyone who voted - this card is for you! I chose to feature Soft Sea Foam and Petal Pink on my card, possibly two of the most subtle colours in my collection and must admit the soft colours and calming green make this a favoured colour combination of mine.

Simple Thanks - I added a simple tone-on-tone stamped sentiment to the front of my card and used my Stamparatus so that I could get ink good coverage and a strong stamped image. I just love this gadget!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

4/25/2019 11:49:34 PM #

Very sweet...I love the simplicity of this card, and the colors are lovely and spring-like!

Nonni
NonniFinland
4/26/2019 1:14:50 PM #

Great use of dies! I also love the tone on tone stamped sentiment, very inspiring, I have to remember this! The colors are just perfect for our challenge.Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
4/27/2019 4:22:15 AM #

Your card is very pretty with those soft colours and perfect for our challenge.  Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
4/27/2019 8:38:13 PM #

This is so clever! I'd never have picked that you're using Needlepoint Nook! Partly it's the very subtle colour choice but really it's the creative way you've used the bits and bobs. Lovely!

Christy Stanford
Christy StanfordUnited States
4/28/2019 2:06:32 PM #

This is beautiful, Joanne!  The subtle colors are perfect for your sweet little flowers, and great use of those dies.  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

Fiona Whitehead
Fiona WhiteheadUnited Kingdom
4/29/2019 9:32:36 AM #

Very clever card Joanne and a great take on our sketch.  Those soft colours work so well also.
Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week

Cindy B Designs
Cindy B DesignsUnited States
4/30/2019 12:53:04 PM #

Joanne, I absolutely love this and the die-cutting that you did. Thank you so very much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com for our challenges. We hope to see you back today for our new Celebrations theme.

Bonus Days are back! Between 1-31 July, for every £45 you spend earn a £4.50 coupon that can be used against purchases in August. Read all about it here.

Current July hostess code: