Beauty Abounds Double Panel Card For Fab Friday 156

by Joanne James13. February 2019 12:00

It's Wednesday and finally I feel like I'm turning a corner and kicking my cold into touch! Onwards and upwards! Today I'm sharing a card for the current colour challenge over at Fab Friday where they have this lovely colour palette that really appealed to me:

I've also been carrying this sketch around in my head for a while (I think it's an old CAS(E) This Sketch layout) which seemed perfect to highlight the floral boughs in one of my new stamp sets - take a look:

Beauty Abounds - The 'Beauty Abounds' stamp set is bundled with the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies; these are so beautiful, they kind of steal the show as far as this bundle is concerned so I wanted to make a card that deliberately highlights this stamp set, which has so much going for it in its own right. Along with a couple of butterflies (you can see one of them that I used to decorate the inside of my card below), there is this fabulous floral bough that can be stamped on its own or stamped and coloured as I've done on my card here, using a combination of my Stampin' Write Markers and Stampin' Blends in each of the challenge colours, along with some useful background stamps: two sets of bokeh dots and a splatter-type stamp, which I used to add some faux-texture and a hint of Blushing Bride colour to my card base.

It's A Wrap - I wanted to accentuate the challenge colours and my graphic design so used lots of layers on my card and I could have just left my card with the floral panels as the main focus. I wanted to add the first part of the sentiment to the front of my card, but didn't want to obscure the floral detail. The solution? I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed my sentiment in black on vellum and created a wrap so that it was clearly visible, without detracting from the detail of my floral panels. This is one of my favourite ways to use vellum on a card and since this fits the current challenge over at Stamps Ink Paper I'm going to link up there too.

Thank You For Being A Friend - The other reason I love this stamp set is for the wonderful friendship-themed sentiments that come with it (yes, I hope now you're reading this you are humming the classic Andrew Gold theme tune to The Golden Girls too!) What starts on the front of my card on the vellum band, completes on the inside:

Isn't that just the loveliest sentiment? Perfect for a 'just because' card for your bestie! There are a few other great sentiments in this set too, along with a few generic thanks/hello type greetings that work for other types of card.

It's a lovely sunny day here in the UK so I'm looking forward to going to watch the youngest of the James Juniors play in his hockey match this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
2/13/2019 1:55:33 PM #

Lovely layout!  I like the 2 offset panels to show off that beautiful flourish!  And the vellum sentiment is perfect to not cover up those panels!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
2/13/2019 4:30:33 PM #

Oh, this is so pretty!  Love that layout so you can play with that delicate vine twice, lol - the colors look great!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
2/13/2019 8:01:31 PM #

I love that swirly spray of flowers almost more than the gorgeous butterfly die cut. Thank you for showing it off so fabulously!

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
2/13/2019 8:24:57 PM #

Love your design, the vellum overlay is perfect!  Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Carolyn Lindenmayer
Carolyn LindenmayerAustralia
2/17/2019 12:19:12 PM #

Wow Joanne, your card is very pretty.  I love the colours.  Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper.  Carolyn xx

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.