Beautiful Baubles Gold Christmas Card PP420

by Joanne James25. November 2018 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Sandy to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge, for you to work with:

I struggled a bit with Sandy's sketch this week - I've had a super busy week and not managed to get much time in my craft room; this is never good for the crafting mojo! Those panels were screaming out for some designer series paper and I was sorely tempted to break out my new Spring-Summer goodies, but as I'm still in need of Christmas cards I decided against it and instead challenged myself to use some of the paper that I had been hoarding - take a look:

All Is Bright - I love this piece of paper featuring a photographic image of lots of baubles in shades of gold that features in the All Is Bright designer series paper pack but had been waiting for the right card on which to use it. I decided that today was the day and I went all in, covering the front of my card with it. Even with the vertical panels and diecut bauble, this paper shines through - so pretty.

A Beautiful Bauble - I used the Beautiful Bauble Thinlits to diecut a bauble from gold glimmer paper and I backed it with a circle of DSP with a subtle bokeh print that is also from the All Is Bright DSP pack, as I didn't want to lose the intricate details against the panels. I added a retired sentiment ot my banner and a bow cut using the Pretty Pines Thinlits to finish it off.

Shades of Gold - My card features lots of gold today so I'm also linking up with the team over at CAS-ual Fridays as this ties in with their theme perfectly: the baubles in my chosen paper are lots of shades of gold, along with a gold foil panel embossed with the Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder and a second panel of retired acetate that is patterned with gold polka dots, in addition to my gold glimmer border and gold heat embossed sentiment banner. You would be forgiven for thinking that I used one of the gold foil-edged cards for my base card today, although as I only have silver ones in the house I employed a neat trick to create my own: I simply sponged the edge of my card with Versamark and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder to create a similar effect.

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

In addition, a reminder that today also heralds the start of the second of Stampin' Up's three online extravaganzas. Today and tomorrow it's the turn of stamps and kits - you can read all about it in last week's blog post here and shop directly for everything that is included in the sale via the dedicated page in my online store. if ordering online please be sure to include the current hostess code BPCXMYGW. If you are local and would like to reduce your P&P costs, please get your order to me by 8pm tomorrow evening and I will add them to a collective order.

Enjoy your day; we are minus one James Junior, as Rebecca is spending the weekend in Bath playing in a school hockey tournament (all yesterday's matches were wins or draws, so let's hope the team is similarly successful today); I will be spending the day doing homework with the other one and then attending the first of the season's Christmas parties - ice skating with our swimming club. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/25/2018 4:43:04 PM #

Joanne, this is seriously stunning.  I love the ornament as your focal image.  Such a rich, sumptuous card.  So much wonderful texture, too.  Gorgeous!
hugs
Jaydee

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
11/25/2018 7:30:21 PM #

This is gorgeous!  Too pretty to hide in an “on-velope”.......loved your comment and I know lots of people who say that like you do!  I say it somewhere between en and on.....

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
11/25/2018 8:42:26 PM #

Oh my word, is this ever gorgeous, Joanne! Every element works beautifully together along with the glitz and glam from the gold accents. That DSP with the ornaments on it is my favorite pattern in the set and you gave it the spotlight it deserves, for sure. I especially like how you added the subtle bokeh detail behind the ornament. Every single part of your card is perfection. WOW!

11/25/2018 10:31:49 PM #

Joanne, this DSP is gorgeous!  I love every detail onthis gorgeous card!  SO much glimmer and shine!  You certainly would never know your mojo is lacking!  Sounds like you are very busy!  Have a great week, My Friend!  XX

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/26/2018 5:47:25 AM #

The Design Team has gone into overdrive for this challenge - card after beautiful card. This vision of an opulent golden Christmas is fabulous too. Great tip to heat emboss a gold edge on your card. I couldn't bear to cut that gold and white bauble paper - I saved it up until last and now, it's all gone. I hope you get some crafty-you time soon. I'm hoping for the same for myself!

Elizabeth Stewart
Elizabeth StewartUnited States
11/27/2018 6:40:01 PM #

Joanne... your card is so elegant this week... just love it.  The background papers are gorgeous, especially paired with that spectacular ornament!

Laurie
LaurieCanada
11/28/2018 5:37:42 PM #

What a beautiful and elegant card!! Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/29/2018 1:46:59 AM #

Very elegant and so perfect for the holidays....love it!

Debbie G
Debbie GUnited States
11/29/2018 11:18:25 PM #

That is a stunning card!

sandym
sandymUnited States
11/30/2018 3:56:26 PM #

Joanne, great minds think alike, and I love your gorgeous gold and white card! The patterned paper is just beautiful, and your Christmas bauble is so delicate and sparkly. Thanks for rocking my sketch this week!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.