Happy Birthday Wishes Ombre Card

by Joanne James27. February 2018 22:00

Having a busy few days putting the final touches to my craft retreat this weekend, so a quick post from me to share a card that is perfect for the challenge over at Just Add Ink this week:

For my 'h' I had to go with 'h for happy' as in the 'Happy Wishes' Sale-A-Bration set - take a look:

Happy Birthday Wishes - The 'Happy Wishes' stamp set is one of three items available with a £90 purchase during the current Sale-A-Bration promotion - a great sentiment set with so many possibilities. Two large floral words and 14 additional stamps with words and phrases that can be combined to create a wide variety of sentiments. Useful and pretty too!

Easy Ombre - I made a version of this card in my recent Sale-A-Bration class and wanted to teach those present how to create an easy ombre effect by inking a stamp in a single, light colour (here I inked my 'happy' in Powder Pink) and then add ink in a complimentary darker colour, such as Berry Burst, with my sponger dauber to the lower portion of the stamp. A fun technique that is easy to achieve - always a winner. Once stamped, I added a little more Powder Pink to the florals on the stamped image with my blender pen for a little added detail.

Love The In-Colours - My card features a little Powder Pink but is otherwise all about the Berry Burst - ink, some in-colour patterned designer series paper and a bow in that lovely, soft Berry Burst crinkle ribbon. In case you couldn't tell, I just love this in-colour - I think it might be my current favourite!

That's all from me today; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Nikki Spencer
Nikki SpencerAustralia
2/28/2018 9:52:11 AM #

Pretty ombré Stamping, love your colour choices too! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Di Barnes
Di BarnesAustralia
2/28/2018 10:21:06 AM #

Your paper & layout choice works beautifully with the graduated stamp image. Simple & so effective. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink again.
Di Smile

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
2/28/2018 2:13:45 PM #

Firstly - that Happy is a lovely stamp and I also love the stamping technique you have used.  I think if works really well on this card.  Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina Gillespie
Tina GillespieAustralia
2/28/2018 11:24:48 PM #

Your card is so pretty! The mix of pinks is lovely, especially the ombre sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

3/1/2018 10:51:50 PM #

Joanne, this is gorgeous!  I am going to CAS this beauty!  Thanks for the tip on ombre inking the stamp!  Love the Berry Blast!  XX

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.