Succulent Garden Meets You've Got This

by Joanne James18. April 2017 13:00

Today I'm sharing a card for this week's new challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches where I am the guest designer this month. This week it's a colour challenge:

Since each of these colours appears in the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (still available on the retiring list - grab it while you can!), I used that as my starting point for my card today - take a look:

Clean and Simple with Designer Series Paper - I decided to use a piece of the Succulent Garden designer series paper that I hadn't previously cut into for my card today. Whilst 'clean and simple' is all about the clean space with minimal layers and embellishments, it is possible to use DSP on a clean and simple card - you just have to use it sparingly. I used just a small 2.5" x 2.5" square, cut out with my square Stitched Shape Framelit for a little added detail. By keeping the rest of my cardfront plain, it retains an overall 'CAS' feel.

A Two Tone Sentiment - Inking up your sentiment with Stampin' Write Markers is a great way to ring the changes with a stamped sentiment. My chosen sentiment from the 'You've Got This' stamp set has two different font styles so really lends itself to different colours. I've used Old Olive and Tip Top Taupe; next time you're crafting get your markers out and try this with your sentiment stamps, I'd love to see what you create!

CASE Your CAS - My card today is a CASE 'copy and selectively edit' of this CAS 'clean and simple' card made a few weeks ago by my friend and Paper Players team mate LeAnne Pugliese. I changed out the paper, used an oval instead of a circle for my sentiment and switched flowers for succulents to make this card my own, but the similarities are clear to see. Thank you for the inspiration LeAnne!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Beverley
BeverleyUnited Kingdom
18/04/2017 15:37:30 #

Simply beautiful and the DP is perfect for the colours and challenge. Love the layout of your die cuts and pretty cut flowers. Hugs Bev x

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
19/04/2017 00:55:15 #

Fantastic card, congrats on being the guest stamper.

Jane
Jane United Kingdom
19/04/2017 10:44:43 #

How lucky to have patterned paper in the correct colours. Love that positive sentiment quote too,

Emily
EmilyAustralia
20/04/2017 00:58:14 #

Great use of the colours this week I really love the patterned paper it is perfect!

20/04/2017 12:27:26 #

Dang, how did I miss that you've been the GD at CAS C&S?!!  I must have been in a cloud somewhere!  This is so perfectly sweet, I just love it!  I have a couple of DSP squares sitting on my desk, waiting to be used and I might just have to borrow this sketch!  The papers are perfect for the colors as well!  Sweet!

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
23/04/2017 16:22:57 #

How serendipitous that you had the perfect designer paper for this challenge!  I like how you've arranged the flowers/succulents around the sentiment oval to visually balance the plants in the designer paper.  The two-tone sentiment is great, too.  You're doing an awesome job as our guest designer at CC&S! Smile

Fiona
FionaUnited Kingdom
24/04/2017 09:16:41 #

Love that paper and have to admit that I have a stash of it! Love your card and the use of the markers for the sentiment is a great idea. x

karen h
karen hUnited States
25/04/2017 03:52:52 #

Beautiful card! What a perfect set for this color scheme! Wonderfully CAS!

Easter Promotions

Eastern Palace Suite - Purchase either bundle and get a free PDF Tutorial to make 3 cards. Full details here.

Current May hostess code:

DXFJQZPN

Spring Summer 2017 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Spring-Summer catalogue available until 30 June:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

2016-17 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.