Pastels Big on Birthdays For CAS Colours and Sketches

by Joanne James4. April 2017 13:00

Today I'm sharing a card for this week's new challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches where for the next month I am going to be the guest designer! I shall be joining the lovely ladies on the CAS Colours and Sketches team and each Tuesday at 1pm GMT I will be publishing my post for the new challenge for the week. My first week is the following colour challenge:

Since all three colours are pastels I'm also linking up with the team over at Less Is More for the second time this week.

I decided to go with florals and a clean and simple birthday card - take a look:

Big On Birthdays - I used one of the sentiments from the 'Big on Birthdays' set as the focal point for my card today. A simple base of So Saffron and a Pear Pizzazz frame and all that was left was to spend some time colouring the florals in a combination of all three challenge colours. I added the co-ordinating longer floral bough on the back of my envelope and inside my card for a little extra detail and brushed the flowers on the front of my card with my clear Wink of Stella for a subtle sparkle, but it really was as easy as that!

This stamp set is great for a pretty card in a record amount of time, perfect for when you need a card at the last minute or are just short on time like me this week!

Before you reach for your ink and papers, check out what the rest of the team has created to inspire you this week. Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
04/04/2017 22:21:21 #

Pretty, elegant and such stunning fresh colours Joanne and I'm loving that bold sentiment against the delicate floral spray.  Thanks for playing with us at Less is More.

Cathy P
Cathy PUnited States
05/04/2017 01:50:02 #

Love how you have used the colors, Joanne!  THe whole card is so soft-looking.  Glad to have you on the CC&S team this month!  Hugs, Cathy

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
05/04/2017 03:39:12 #

This card is lovely, congrats on being the guest stamper!

Samantha
SamanthaUnited Kingdom
05/04/2017 07:54:24 #

Love the colours Joanne.

Esther
EstherUnited Kingdom
05/04/2017 07:55:55 #

What a lovely card Joanne, and congratulations on being guest DT at CAS Colours and Sketches! The colours you've used are so pretty together and the floral spray is charming next to the bolder sentiment. A really super design <3 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More Smile

Emily
EmilyAustralia
06/04/2017 04:35:39 #

So pleased you have been able to join us as Guest Designer this month. Your card is gorgeous and is a great use of the colours. I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Susan
SusanUnited States
07/04/2017 01:02:40 #

Such a pretty card.  Terrific design.  Thanks for joining us at Less is More!

karen h
karen hUnited States
07/04/2017 14:03:30 #

Yay! So glad to have you join us this month as a guest designer!!  Your card is wonderful; great use of the colors!

Anita
AnitaUnited Kingdom
07/04/2017 20:23:42 #

Love these colours together and a great use of coloured white space too.  The bold sentiment and the floral design are a great combo.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Beverley
BeverleyUnited Kingdom
08/04/2017 07:49:38 #

Lovely to have you GD with us at CC&S this month. What a beautiful card to start things off too. Stunning CAS and use of the challenge  colours. Hugs Bev x

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
09/04/2017 19:24:11 #

The cheery greeting is great with the pretty little blossoms.  I'm so glad you're our guest designer at CC&S!

Fiona
FionaUnited Kingdom
11/04/2017 15:24:37 #

Glad to have you on the CC&S DT this month. Love your card, it's very simple and elegant. x

Easter Promotions

Eastern Palace Suite - Purchase either bundle and get a free PDF Tutorial to make 3 cards. Full details here.

Current May hostess code:

DXFJQZPN

Spring Summer 2017 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Spring-Summer catalogue available until 30 June:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

2016-17 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.