Floral Phrases Congratulations Card

by Joanne James30. June 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a sketch for you:

For my card today I decided to go with a classically elegant wedding/anniversary card using the new Floral Phrases stamp set that is part of the Floral Boutique suite:

Hand Painted Florals - The stamps in the Floral Phrases set, just like the co-ordinating Floral Boutique designer papers, have the appearance of hand painted images when stamped, with gradations in colour for artistic effect. They also include a beautiful script and some heartfelt sentiments - I included the one in my card in the thumbnail above.

Not Quite Mirrored - I stamped the floral image then rotated it through 180 degrees and stamped it again to give me my focal point. The images are not a mirror image of each other, yet combining the two images in this way does create a seamless focal point, with the join covered by my sentiment banner.

A Classic Colour Combination - Navy and white is a classic colour combination that features throughout the Floral Boutique suite. I wound some Night of Navy solid baker's twine around my card behind my banner and added a strip of gold sequins to add a little extra sparkle to my otherwise monochromatic card.

Today's card is a nice easy one to re-create and perfect for a summer wedding - why not have a go yourself?

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

We have a big day today: it's finally time for The Wizard of Oz and Rebecca's performance of the Dorothy. She has four performances today, so I'm wishing her well - I'll report back in full tomorrow! Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Floral Phrases Clear-Mount Stamp Set
  • Night Of Navy Solid Baker's Twine
  • Night Of Navy A4 Cardstock
  • Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock
  • Gold Sequin Trim

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Stamping

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
6/30/2016 1:38:33 PM #

This is SO gorgeous Joanne! It is a totally perfect representation of the sketch! The blue is so elegant and classy!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
7/4/2016 12:26:49 PM #

Very classic and elegant, and very true to the sketch!  Love the clean look of this!  Just perfect for a wedding or anniversary!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
7/6/2016 3:02:08 AM #

Using this stamp is what popped into my head immediately upon seeing this sketch!  Too bad I don't own this set!  Ha!  Really nice card.  An elegant greeting for any occasion!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
7/6/2016 12:19:31 PM #

Like Lisa...using this stamp set was my original thought!  Beautiful classic looking card...love the crisp Night of Navy on Whisper White and the touch of bling with the sequin trim!  Gorgeous!

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
7/6/2016 12:25:04 PM #

Beautiful card Joanne. Very classic and chic Smile

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert
Sharon Hashimoto BurkertUnited States
7/6/2016 3:49:27 PM #

Love this very sophisticated and elegant card you created.  Perfect for this sketch.

Libby
LibbyUnited States
7/7/2016 5:10:20 AM #

Simply a wonderful card! Definitely my style! Great job on the sketch this week!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here