Happy Easter From The Friends & Flowers Easter Bunny!

by Joanne James25. February 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great sketch for you:

I decided to create a fun Easter card today using the new 'Friends and Flowers' stamp set that co-ordinates with the returning Festive Flower Builder punch - take a look:

This is a great stamp set with lots of pieces that enable you to make bunnies, fish, flowers and more! It's so easy to punch out the various bits and pieces for easy creation with the co-ordinating punch; my Festive Flower Builder Punch got a real work out before Christmas (do a search on it or the 'Reason For The Season' stamp set here on my blog to see the many projects I've created using it) so I'm glad I get to use it with another co-ordinating stamp set too. I simply stamped the bunny face and ears in Smoky Slate on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, added a little Blushing Bride pink using my Stampin' Write markers and punched out (using the 1 3/8" circle for the face). I added a Bow Paper Clip embellishment to one ear for added 'cute' factor and bordered my sentiment panel with two thin strips of blushing Bride glimmer paper - a little glimmer goes a long way! The sentiment is the one you'll find with the 'Easter Lamb' stamp - I simply masked my stamp so that I would only get the words and not the image - which I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white for added gloss.

Lastly, do you recognise the pretty pastel paper I used for my background layer? It's actually from the It's My Party paper stack. Whilst this is a pack with lots of bold patterns and colours, the presence of Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand in the colour combination means there are some hidden pastel gems in there too, so be sure to check it out.

Here's today's visual summary for easy reference:

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they interpreted this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Friends & Flowers Wood-Mount Stamp Set
  • Versamark Pad
  • White Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • Heat Tool (Uk)

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
2/25/2016 2:32:05 PM #

You've achieved perfection again! The colors and patterned paper are on point!!! What a fun stamp set too!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
2/27/2016 2:50:37 AM #

Too cute! I love the colour combo too. Smile

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
2/27/2016 1:18:53 PM #

Super cute - especially with the little bow!  Love those teeny strips of glimmer paper, too!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
2/29/2016 5:50:57 PM #

What a sweet card...perfect for Easter!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
3/2/2016 2:20:12 PM #

Too cute!  Love the little bow added to the ear...and the touch of sparkle with the glimmer paper!  Great job with the sketch this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!