Autumn Wishes Among The Branches

by Joanne James20. September 2015 10:00

It's Sunday and you know what that means: time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! This week it's the wonderful Laurie's to host and she has a great theme challenge for you:

I decided to go with trees and leaves for my fall-inspired scene and set to work with my Woodland embossing folder and some rich Regals colours. Here's my card:

I used Cajun Craze for my card base with a mat of Crushed Curry, then having embossed a piece of Very Vanilla with my Woodland embossing folder, I stamped it randomly with the leaf stamps from my 'Among The Branches' stamp set in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Tangelo Twist. I stamped my sentiment stamp from the same set in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla and punched out using my 2" circle punch and added it to my card with a couple of banners underneath punched using my Triple Banner Punch - one in garden green and one in kraft corrugated paper for a little texture. To finish, I added a little wooden leaf from the Into The Woods Embellishments pack.

That's it - definitely a clean and simple fall scene card! I'm not generally a big fan of embossing folders (I own lots of them but rarely use them) however both the Woodland Embossing folder and the Gently Falling Embossing folder are firm favourites of mine already - so many creative possibilities, especially when paired with a co-ordinating stamp set as I have here. Furthermore, not only does the stamp set co-ordinate, but it is one of the many fantastic bundles available in the seasonal catalogue - if you by both the Woodland TIEF and the Among The Branches stamp set, you can save 15%, what a great deal! To take advantage of it, just click on the bundle in the supply list below and it will take you to my shop to purchase.

I have a busy day ahead; more housework and I'm still playing catch up having been away for a few days at the end of last week. At least the children have completed all their homework - one less thing to do today!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Amy Koenders
Jodi McKinney
Lisa Elton
Anne Marie Hile - on leave

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what fall scenes you create on your CAS cards this week.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Michele F
Michele FUnited States
9/20/2015 7:04:45 PM #

Hi Joanne!  YEs, this does look like a fall scene in my Two Acre Woods!!  Very pretty!
=]

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
9/20/2015 8:23:07 PM #

I LOVE the falling leaves on the embossed background! That is a great folder, and I have seen so many cute cards made with it....including this one!!!

9/20/2015 8:30:51 PM #

What a perfectly wonderful little scene!  I love all your leaves floating down between the trees!  Perfect!

Celeste Goff
Celeste GoffUnited States
9/21/2015 12:51:27 AM #

Such a pretty card! Love the fall colors and the little touches you added like that little strip of corrugated kraft cardstock!

9/22/2015 2:41:34 AM #

Joanne, this is just perfect!  The leaves floating down made me smile!  You know I always adore an embossed background, too!  I am ready for a few Autumn "Tasty Dishes"!  Great card, My Friend!  XX

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
9/22/2015 11:17:47 PM #

What a perfect autumn card, Joanne! Love that embossing folder and the tiny leaves fluttering down. I like the texture that the stip of corrugated paper adds, too.

Jodi McKinney
Jodi McKinneyUnited States
9/24/2015 2:24:32 AM #

adorable fall card Joanne!  that embossing folder is really beautiful!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
9/25/2015 3:06:23 AM #

Joanne, the woodland embossing folder was the perfect base for your fall scene.  Fabulous!
hugs
jaydee

Mac
MacUnited Kingdom
9/26/2015 10:24:44 AM #

Love the colours and layout of your card. The embossing on the background sets it all off with the cute tumbling leaves. A beautiful card.

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: