Snow Place Sneak Peek Penguin Christmas Card

by Joanne James27. August 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great colour challenge for you:

Here's my card:

I am loving these cute little penguins (and the snowmen!) in the 'Snowplace' stamp set and the co-ordinating framelits make cutting them and their accessories out a cinch! For today's card, I used a Pool party base with a strip of Whisper White, onto which I stamped my penguins directly using the new Basic Black Archival ink. Each of them is peeking out of a hole punched with my 1 1/2" circle punch into a strip of School House DSP and their accessories stamped in a combination of Basic Black and Watermelon Wonder, which are popped up on dimensionals for a little added lift. I customised the sentiment as it wouldn't fit as per the stamp onto my card front; I continued the remainder inside, where I also added a few festive snowflakes to pretty things up a bit:

Isn't that fun? I have used this set so much already and I just know that I will get lots more use from it - it's already a favourite with my daughter!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

* Snow Place - available September 1st

* Snow Friends Framelits - available September 1st

• Big Shot
  • Magnetic Platform
  • 1-1/2" Circle Punch
  • Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper
  • Pool Party A4 Cardstock
  • Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock

Barb Mann
Barb MannUnited States
8/27/2015 7:10:44 PM #

Adorable Joanne!  How darling are these penguins peeking out the punched holes.  Gotta get this stamp set!

Hetty
HettyNetherlands
8/28/2015 12:06:44 PM #

Love it! What a fun card.

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
8/29/2015 1:39:49 AM #

This is just so fun to look at!  The colors are perfect for this!  Great card!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
8/30/2015 12:40:48 AM #

That card is just too cute! I love how you have them peeking out of a window and I love how you let the scarf, hats, and bow tie hang over the edge.

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
8/30/2015 11:05:00 AM #

They are so cute!! They remind me of the penguins from the Madagascar franchise! Great card!! Smile

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
8/31/2015 4:17:03 PM #

Darling!  Love these little penguins!  Really cute holiday card!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
8/31/2015 4:52:36 PM #

Love how these penguins are all decked out in different winter gear and it shows just how versatile this set is! Cute cute cute!

9/6/2015 9:27:56 PM #

I LOVE this card!  Adorable!  My exact thoughts on Christmas!  XX

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!