A Whole Lot Of Lovely Pretty Petals Card

by Joanne James23. July 2015 08:00

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great sketch for you:

This is such a versatile sketch with so many possibilities, in the end though I settled for something that is a little unusual for me - take a look at today's card:

I was keen to use another of the papers on the Pretty Petals DSP stack as my background layer, so matted this on a base of Old Olive and Mint Macaron. I used Calypso Coral for my banner, effortlessly punched with my Triple Banner Punch (how did I ever manage without this in my life?!) and tucking a sliver of retired Old Olive ribbon beneath it (there is not a single ribbon in this colour in the current catalogue - let's hope that the Winter seasonal brings us something here in this staple colour!) I coloured my sentiment, from the 'A Whole Lot Of Lovely' hostess set (chat to me about booking a party or joining my next hostess club if you would like to own this set too!) in Pacific Point, Mint Macaron and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write markers and stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock, that I cut out with my Big Shot and Oval Framelits.

Then for the bit that really isn't my usual style - I covered the back of the oval with Tear and Tape (how great is this product?! No more static red peel to stick to you!)and ruched some Mint Macaron lace trim all the way around the edge before adhering to my card front. I really love this pale green colour however was finding myself not really using is much in my card making, unlike it's counterparts Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush (how did I ever live without these in my stamping cupboard?!) so this card is the first that seeks to rectify that. To finish, I added an Old Olive flower punched with the Petite Petals punch as leaves for the base of my Watermelon Wonder blossom accent - whilst not Calypso Coral, it is sufficiently close to compliment the coral elsewhere on my card.

So definitely more frilly than usual and this card would work just as well without the lace trim (and be more post-service friendly) but nice for a change I think! Do visit the other Design Team members to checkout their interpretations of this week's challenge sketch; and if you didn't read my Weekly Deals post yesterday, do check it out here - it contains a special offer exclusive to my customers!

Right, I'm off to top up my tan! Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• A Whole Lot Of Lovely Clear-Mount Stamp Set
  • Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
  • Petite Petals Punch
  • Banner Triple Punch

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
7/23/2015 12:24:06 PM #

Love that ribbon ruffled around the greeting!  Clever!  Great job with the sketch this week!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
7/23/2015 1:59:36 PM #

I have been wanting to ruffle that lace but the only way I could think of doing that was to sew it. Your method is way better! I also really like the punched card stock "leaves" behind the embellishment - another great idea!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
7/23/2015 4:03:42 PM #

I love all of the feminine frill on your card! Just pretty all the way around. Glad to hear about the Tear and Tape adhesive too. I've been a little hesitant to order that so I'm happy to hear you give it a thumbs up! Smile

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
7/23/2015 5:44:08 PM #

Love the ruffled lace trim around your greeting!  Very fun card!  This would brighten anyone's day!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
7/26/2015 2:01:22 AM #

Absolutely stunning! I love this card so much....the DSP, the stamping, the lace ruffle, the beautiful resin flower detail. GORGEOUS!!!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
7/27/2015 12:22:58 PM #

So many pretty details on this card - in addition to the Pretty Petals dsp!  Love how you have mounted the flower embellishment on the punched flower!  Great card!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
7/28/2015 6:53:19 PM #

The stamp and paper work perfectly together, Joanne!  I love the lace border around your oval....so pretty!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
7/29/2015 5:07:35 AM #

Your coloring of the sentiment stamp is just wonderful with that background paper (which is so pretty too!) and the ruffled lace around it is a beautiful touch.. so feminine!  What a great idea to place a Petite Petal flower behind the blossom accent!!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.