Pretty Petals Thank You Panel Card

by Joanne James24. June 2015 11:21

Today I'm sharing my card based on this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch where they have this great sketch layout:

There are some amazing DT and gallery cards over there (check out this one by my fellow Paper Player Karren Johnson - love it!). I chose to stick with something fairly representative of the sketch with a few layers that would give me the opportunity to showcase the lovely new Pretty petals DSP stack paper and the Greetings Thinlits. Here is my card:

I took my colour palette directly from the paper and on a base of Pool Party, matted my three columns of Pretty Petals DSP onto Old Olive. I then overlaid my sentiment banner, having cut out my sentiment in Basic Black and mounted on Calypso Coral and Old Olive, popped up on a couple of dimensionals for added height. Super simple and not a stamp in sight on this one but rather effective, with the patterned paper and curvy sentiment taking centre stage.

I just love the papers in the Pretty Petals DSP stack; if you too are a fan and would like to see more of them, do pop back tomorrow when I will have my card for the new challenge this week over at Create With Connie and Mary, featuring another of the Pretty Petals designs. That's all from me today; I have a backlog of admin and paperwork that is calling my name so today is the day I am aiming to clear the decks - wish me luck!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

AllysonA
AllysonAUnited States
6/24/2015 6:09:41 PM #

Lovely card - I love the soft, pretty colors and that great sentiment.  Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Wink

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
6/24/2015 9:42:58 PM #

Thanks Allyson! I appreciate the return visit and am glad you like today's card.

hannelie Bester
hannelie BesterU.A.E.
6/25/2015 8:51:13 AM #

So very beautiful Joanne! Amazing colours!
thanks so much for joining us at Case this sketch!

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
6/25/2015 9:44:57 AM #

Super pretty, Joanne! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
6/25/2015 4:34:44 PM #

Very pretty card! Great take on the sketch!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: