Congrats Expressions Not So Naturals Elements Wedding Card

by Joanne James22. June 2015 09:09

Good morning everyone - it's Monday! I am saying that with more optimism than I feel, but as usual there is lots to achieve this week so I'd best get on! Today I'm here with a card that I made for the challenge over at TGIF Challenge! this week, however firstly a big thank you to James Weber and the TGIF Team for choosing me as their TGIF Fave for my Build a Birthday card last week:

WINNER BUTTON!

If you missed it, you can see my winning card here. I am honoured to be a fave pick of this talented bunch of designers; I also got a shout out for my rule-breaking card for the TGIF Throwdown challenge; you can see my card here. There is still the rest of the month to enter this one, so watch this space for my bona fide entry which is still to come! Meanwhile onto today's card which is as mentioned for this week's TGIF Challenge where the theme is 'Togetherness', so weddings, anniversaries and the like; I also used this week's Colour Q colour palette and the sketch over at Pals Paper Arts as inspiration for my card:

PPA256kwb

Without further ado, let me get to today's card:

I saw the Colour Q colours this week and thought they would work really well for a wedding or engagement card and I was particularly inspired by the inspiration photo of those patterned straws, which immediately took me to my gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. I used the new Whisper White Thick cardstock for my base (p. 149 of the catalogue with the speciality cardstocks in case you missed it) - did I tell you already how much I LOVE this cardstock? It makes such great card bases and is beautifully thick for one layer cards. I used a mat of Night of Navy and another of Blushing Bride, before adhering a layer of heart-embossed gold foil vellum over the top. This mutes the pink slightly and creates a real feeling of luxury, which I think is important for a wedding or celebratory card. I layered my banners, all punched with the new triple banner punch, again layering vellum over the navy ones, this time in gold stripes and leaving the bottoms visible for contrast. My cross panel is Night of Navy layered on a piece of Gold Foil Sheet, with two offset layered hearts - one gold foil, one Blushing Bride with one of the heart stamps from the 'Hello Life' set embossed in gold in the centre and some of the lovely new gold metallic thread wound in between. To finish, I added my sentiment which is the thing I probably love most on this card: it's one of the new Expressions Natural Elements wooden diecuts, which I decided to double heat-emboss in gold to tie in with the rest of my card. I love these in their natural wood finish, but they are fun to jazz up too!

This is one of those cards that I didn't have a clear idea about when I started work and it sort of evolved as I went along. I love it though - I just need someone to announce their engagement or get married so that I can send it now!

I hope you like today's card' I'll be back tomorrow with another project, so stay tuned. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping | Weddings

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
6/22/2015 10:53:23 AM #

love this colour combo and your card is fab x

Pat McCleary
Pat McClearyUnited States
6/22/2015 7:56:11 PM #

This is a stunning card, Joanne. That vellum is beautiful & is a striking combo with the navy.

Katy McGloin
Katy McGloinUnited States
6/22/2015 8:30:48 PM #

Stunning!  I always look forward to seeing your projects.  Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week.  Now, off to pin...

Linda Callahan
Linda Callahan United States
6/22/2015 9:40:34 PM #

Love the gold with the pink....such a pretty card!  Glad you shared it at PPA!

Patti MacLeith
Patti MacLeithUnited States
6/23/2015 9:27:47 AM #

Oh, my! So stinkin' cute! That gold metallic thread is going on my wish list!!

Claire A
Claire AAustralia
6/23/2015 9:28:46 AM #

This is gorgeous Joanne - loving the gold twine under the hearts...such a great embellishment! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

sandra conner
sandra connerUnited States
6/24/2015 12:16:10 AM #

Great card, it can be sent to anyone and be loved!  Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

Kaitlyn Zumbach
Kaitlyn ZumbachUnited States
6/25/2015 4:57:29 PM #

LOVE the gold "Congrats"! I am going to have to remember that one. Thanks so much for joining us at TGIFC!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: