Lucky Clover Congratulations Card

by Joanne James12. March 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour challenge for you:

This week's card was a challenge for me in so many ways! I have no Irish connections so St Patrick's Day isn't a big thing for me, although I often make at least one project to celebrate and I thought these colours would be perfect. I decided on my design and really wanted to create a four leaf clover to tie in with a 'lucky' theme, however I couldn't make it work with my layout, so went with a three leaf clover and decided that for my card this would be just as lucky (cardmaker's prerogative ;-)). Here it is:

I made my simple clover leaf using the smallest heart from the Hearts Framelits set, and freehand cut the stem, then offset my sentiment, a combination of stamps using the 'lucky' from the Project Life sentiment set 'Remember This' and the 'you' from the Sale-A-Bration set 'Simply Wonderful'. One last confession from me - I actually used a sheet of Garden Green from the Regals DSP stack for my card - when I went to my folder, I had no Wild Wasabi - oops! The effect would be just the same with a Wild Wasabi polka dot paper though, so I went with it.

Do check out the gallery to see what the other members of the CCMC design team have come up with this week - we look forward to seeing your creations!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
3/12/2015 3:44:37 PM #

Your clover is wonderful!  Ingenuity at it's best!!!!!  If I didn't know Stampin' Up products, I'd totally think this was one die!  I love the sentiment you put with it too!

3/12/2015 9:33:25 PM #

Well, I wondered how I missed that shamrock die....and how clever to use the hearts to do it!  Very cute, simple but sweet!!!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
3/12/2015 9:53:44 PM #

Love that frame around each heart and of course polka dots always make me smile. This is so cute!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
3/12/2015 11:05:07 PM #

A heart becomes a shamrock!  So clever and such a great card!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
3/13/2015 9:28:28 AM #

Clean and simple and perfect! The die cut is fabulous and the polka dot DSP is perfection! Smile

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
3/13/2015 1:22:25 PM #

So SMART! I would never had thought to make a clover with that heart die! Love it!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
3/14/2015 2:35:06 AM #

I love your clover, and I am so impressed with the handcut stem section!  I like seeing the polka dots in the negative area!  Great card!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
3/15/2015 1:11:12 PM #

Look how clever you are!  Love this!  Clean and simple.

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: