Grown With Love Itty Bitty Flowerpots From The Garden

by Joanne James2. March 2015 08:50

Happy Monday everyone! I am here to start the week with a clean and simple card that I made with a few challenges in mind:

I love the pinks in the Color Throwdown palette this week and having seen many of my blog friends create the cutest 'mini' cards for CASology this week, I just couldn't resist having a go at my own. It is also my card for the 'Less is More' challenge this week, where the theme is 'This makes me happy'. Take a look at my card and I'll explain why:

Aren't that trio of mini flowerpots just the cutest? I used the 'Handpicked From the Garden' framelits that I used on yesterday's card and cut a trio of flowerpots out of kraft cardstock, along with a trio of flower heads, two in Strawberry Slush and one in Pink Pirouette. Before adhering these to the card, I partially inked the vine leaves in Pear Pizzazz and stamped these onto my white base first to give my flowers stems and leaves, before adhering the diecuts over the top. I finished with a simple stamped sentiment of 'Grown With Love' also stamped in Pear Pizzazz and a little bow on my central pot, made from some separated strands of Strawberry Slush thick baker's twine. Here's a little close up of the detail:

I'm not usually one to go for these teeny-tiny diecuts and I bought this set primarily for the plant tag framelits, which as a keen gardener I knew I would get lots of use for, but I'm loving these little diecuts - the set also includes a tiny trowel and a bow, perfect for adding finishing touches to gardening projects. With spring on the way, I am looking forward to be getting out into the garden more. My husband and children are keen vegetable gardeners and don't have much time for flowers, but I love nothing more than pottering around, planting tubs and hanging baskets to decorate the patio through the summer months. These little flowerpots remind me of this and it makes me happy to know that spring is on the way!

I would love to know what makes you happy - please feel free to leave me a comment below to share your thoughts and do pop on over to the LIM gallery to see what's putting everyone else in a good mood this week. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
3/2/2015 1:15:57 PM #

Just stunning Joanne... this is magic, I love the tinyness!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

3/2/2015 1:58:25 PM #

This is adorable....I totally glossed over this set and framelits in the catalog, and I can't believe someone else hasn't picked this up as well!  You are a trendsetter!  SO cute!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
3/2/2015 5:58:09 PM #

Love your super dinky elements Joanne and a perfect challenge combo.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Janet Swanlady21
Janet Swanlady21South Africa
3/2/2015 7:56:21 PM #

So cute. Love the tiny pots.
(I'm from SA, but I now live in Mauritius, but it is not on the list!)

May Park
May ParkUnited States
3/2/2015 9:42:59 PM #

Your card is so lovely, Joanne! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

Taunya Butler
Taunya ButlerUnited States
3/2/2015 11:58:06 PM #

This is fun and cute and sweet - all at the same time!! Such a delightful interpretation of the cue word mini!!  I really like it!
Taunya Butler
daisiesgirl.com

Joan Ervin
Joan ErvinUnited States
3/3/2015 6:06:53 AM #

I absolutely love your fabulous CAS design...the little flower pots are just tooo cute!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!

Eveline van Heijst
Eveline van HeijstNetherlands
3/3/2015 10:37:59 AM #

That is just the cutest card!
Eveline.

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
3/4/2015 7:18:14 AM #

Joanne what adorable teeny flowers pots! Love this...
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM

Cathy Caines
Cathy CainesCanada
3/13/2015 12:33:51 AM #

Cute card Joanne!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.