No One Else Could Fill These Shoes Masculine Card

by Joanne James25. February 2015 09:00

I have another monochromatic masculine card for you today - I still had the papers and stamp set out on my desk from yesterday's card and couldn't resist creating another sample using this week's sketch over at As You See It:

This is a great sketch for combining patterns or images and I had a few ideas as to how I was going to use it so don't be surprised if you see me use it again. For today though, it's all about the shoes - take a look at my card and you'll see what I mean:

I used Very Vanilla as my base and this time a piece of checked Typeset paper on black for my panels, then I narrowed the four square elements of the sketch so that I could fit in four pairs of shoes - you can never have too many pairs of shoes, right?! A stapled banner sentiment, some wide chevron ribbon and some funky shoe laces to highlight one of the pairs of shoes and done!

Making this card reminded me of the Robert Redford/Michelle Pfeiffer movie "Up Close & Personal" - such a great movie, but the scene where she sees his shoes with the red laces at the end ... if you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but if you're an old-fashioned romantic I can highly recommend it - just don't forget the tissues!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

2/25/2015 1:00:45 PM #

Love this....this set is on my MUST HAVE list!

2/25/2015 10:40:17 PM #

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!  PERFECT!  XX

Heather Cooper
Heather CooperCanada
2/26/2015 2:46:45 AM #

What a great masculine card, Joanne!  I especially like the one pair of shoes with the laces! The coordinating background and ribbon are perfect!  Thanks for adding your creativity to the gallery at As You See It Challenges this week!

Amanda Bates
Amanda BatesUnited Kingdom
2/26/2015 7:34:47 AM #

Love this card Joanne...  Just perfect!  Love the laces....

Amanda
AmandaCanada
2/27/2015 3:17:20 AM #

Fantastic! Love the repetition across the card and the "shoe laces". Thanks so much for playing with us at AYSI this week.

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: