Choose Happiness Notelet Card

by Joanne James4. February 2015 09:01

Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches, where they have a double week and we are challenged to work with both colours and sketch:

Now no-one is more surprised than me that I took on this week's challenge; the colour palette isn't a combination that I usually use, however I found myself strangely drawn to it - along with the sketch, although I must confess those two dots in the middle did get the better of me! Take a look at what I came up with:

I decided to make a notelet using Very Vanilla cardstock, and starting with my central panel where I stamped the linked image from the 'Choose Happiness' set in each of the challenge colours, I worked out from there. Some simple layering with panels in each of the challenge colours and the sentiment form the same set, finished with a bird stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, fussy cut and popped on a dimension in the centre of the main panel. I even decorated my Crumb Cake envelope to match. There are minimal supplies required to re-create today's card; you could change out the colours for whatever you have in your stash to create something similar. Don't you just love that sentiment though? Perfect to tell someone just how much they mean to you.

I bought this stamp set a while ago thinking it would be good to explore more collage-style papercraft - whenever I use it though, my cards still look clean and simple! There may be something in there about teaching an old dog new tricks ... oh well! I hope you like today's card regardless. Back tomorrow with a fun birthday card; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Jane
JaneUnited Kingdom
04/02/2015 17:03:10 #

That is a great sentiment I agree. Super card and I like your take on the two dots! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
08/02/2015 21:20:40 #

Thanks Jane - I'm glad you approve of my bird, I wasn't sure if this would work for you ladies!

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
04/02/2015 18:36:23 #

I really like the border stamp you used for the lines element of the sketch - it's very pretty!  I also like your differently-sized green panels behind the focal panel - it's a simple detail but it adds a lot of visual interest to your card.  Super job!  I'm glad you joined us at CC&S this week, and I hope you'll come back soon for another challenge.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
08/02/2015 21:26:08 #

Thanks Patricia. The border stamp is one of those that is so easy to overlook I think. I really loved the colours and sketch this week - nice for something a little different.

Stef Adams
Stef AdamsUnited Kingdom
04/02/2015 22:17:49 #

Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Joanne. Beautiful use of colour and, I agree, I love that sentiment! Stef x

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
08/02/2015 21:27:45 #

Thank you Stef - so glad I could join in this week! I often use your challenge colour palette or sketch, I just don't always manage to get my card made and photographed before the challenge deadline.

Darnell J Knauss
Darnell J KnaussUnited States
11/02/2015 23:25:22 #

This is such an "awww, love it" card, Joanne! I really love that sediment! Congratulations on the recognition from CC&S!! Hugs, Darnell

StampinBlends_Demothumb_SPUKCA

Alcohol markers are back! Say 'hello' to Stampin' Blends - click on the image above to see the full range or you can read more about them here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current November hostess code:

2S4X3VQ6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

There are savings of between 10-40% in this week's Online Extravanganza sale! Read all about it here.