Bravo! Congratulations Card

by Joanne James1. December 2014 22:25

REMINDER: You have until 11am GMT this morning to take advantage of the £75 sign up offer to become a member of my Stampin' Up! team - click here if this is for you!

Today I'm sharing a card for this week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts, where they have this fun sketch to work with:

I'm also linking my card up with the lovely ladies over at Less Is More, where they are celebrating their 200th blog post - woohoo! - and congratulations are most certainly the order of the day. Here is my card:

I used Calypso Coral for my card base and added a couple of mats of gold foil and Crisp Cantaloupe, beneath my main stamped panel. I then stamped various sized solid circles from the 'What's Your Type?' stamp set in Calypso Coral on a piece of Whisper White. I then used the striped stamp from the same set, and stamped it in Versamark over the solid circle, slightly offset (and in case, like my daughter, you are reading this thinking 'those circles don't line up', as I shared with her, this was intentional - they're not meant to!) and then heat embossed them in gold. To finish, I added a flagged sentiment banner in Calypso Coral to stand out from the background and heat embossed the 'Bravo!' sentiment in gold too. I love the swirly script of this stamp from the set of the same name and heat embossing adds a lovely luxurious feel I think.

That's all from me today: I have a rather musical day in store, with a class strings recital from the youngest James junior (he's been learning to play the violin for the last 10 weeks as part of an 'access to strings' project), piano lessons for everyone and a spot of Christmas shopping in between. Wish me luck!

Back tomorrow with a triple post; until then, happy stampin'!

Hazel
HazelUnited Kingdom
12/2/2014 11:52:02 AM #

Love this Joanne, a great technique!  Great colour choice.  Hazel x

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
12/2/2014 2:39:48 PM #

I like your gold embossing and layering too.  Thnaks for joining the Pals sketch challenge this week!

Karen S
Karen SUnited Kingdom
12/2/2014 3:32:37 PM #

Hi Joanne, I like this card, it is simple and different - very nice!

Carol Dunham
Carol DunhamUnited Kingdom
12/3/2014 12:03:54 AM #

Great card, love the colours. Carol x

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
12/3/2014 7:15:59 AM #

Love those overlapping circles Joanne, super card!
Thanks so much for joining our 200th Challenge at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
12/3/2014 9:14:15 PM #

Super striking and classy card Joanne
Thanks so much for joining our special 200th challenge this week and for your continued support.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
12/3/2014 9:28:11 PM #

This is just fab Joanne... love it!
Thanks so much for joining in our celebration challenge!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Daizy-Mae ( Viv )
Daizy-Mae ( Viv )United Kingdom
12/5/2014 5:34:58 PM #

Such a pretty card Joanne ;) Viv xx
Guest LIM Designer

Pauline Bird
Pauline BirdUnited Kingdom
12/5/2014 11:24:16 PM #

This is a fabulous card, I love your coral and gold combination.
Pauline
x

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!