Bearing Gifts Christmas Card

by Joanne James17. November 2014 13:23

Happy Monday everyone! I have spent a pleasant morning catching up with a friend, whilst making a whole bunch of Christmas crackers for a little service project that I have going on - they are for a community senior citizen's Christmas luncheon in a couple of weeks time. Today I'm sharing with you my card for this week's challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches where Kim has a great sketch for us to work with; I also used the colour scheme over at Color Throwdown:

I decided to rotate the sketch through 90 degrees for my card - whilst most other cards in the gallery seem to have used the sketch conventionally, there are a few of us who chose to rotate, so a real variety of inspiration for you if this is a layout that appeals. Here is my card:

I used the stampset 'Bearing Gifts' for my card today, having 'borrowed' it from my daughter, who is currently using this set to make her own Christmas sets.It's a great set to stamp and colour so I took the opportunity to get my Stampin' Up! Blendabilities out again and set to work colouring the trio of gift givers on top of the polar bear. I used my Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy sets, focusing on the lightest of the two blues, and did stray from the colour palette twice: once for the wreath around the bear's neck, which I coloured with Smoky Slate (I thought this would be OK as technically grey is a neutral) although not sure I will be forgiven for the red Santa hat. The thing is, try as I might, I just couldn't bring myself to colour it in any other colour - they just have to be red, right?!

I mounted my panel on a piece of Marina Mist and the a piece of Soft Sky, and having masked the sentiment off the main stamped image, decided to stamp it vertically directly onto the card base, as this suited my layout better. I used a piece of retired Marina Mist polka dot DSP behind my image, and tied a Naturals white button with a piece of Tangerine Tango baker's twine to finish.

Hope you like today's card - back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Jen Timko
Jen TimkoUnited States
11/17/2014 2:11:31 PM #

Well isn't this adorable?!  Love your coloring on this fun image and your flip of the sketch works so well.  Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
11/17/2014 4:41:34 PM #

What a fun card - it really captures the sharing and giving part of Christmas.

Vickie Z
Vickie ZUnited States
11/17/2014 6:50:23 PM #

Adorable image!! Wonderful use of the colors and love how you rotated the sketch! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Amy O'Neill
Amy O'NeillUnited States
11/17/2014 10:35:48 PM #

This is such a cute image!  And I love how you've colored it.  Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
11/17/2014 11:33:01 PM #

Such an adorable card!  Love the flipped sketch version and you've used the throwdown colors so beautifully!  Thanks for playing along with us again this week!

Tammy Hershberger
Tammy HershbergerUnited States
11/18/2014 1:04:29 AM #

Adorable image!  Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

2019 Spring-Summer Catalogue

Click on the catalogue image to access the 2019 Stampin' Up! Spring-Summer catalogue - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at [email protected] or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Current April hostess code:

FRRF6WRW

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Stampin' Storage

Stampin' Up! has introduced a new line of modular storage - read all about it here.