A Little Something Cute ... Baby Girl Card

by Joanne James27. June 2014 10:18

Yay it's Friday - what more is there to say?! Today I have another new catalogue sneak peek to share with you, this time a cute baby card that I made using this week's sketch layout over at The Papercraft Crew (I haven't managed to play along with these guys for a while and this week's sketch layout really appealed!) and I'm also linking up with The Card Concept, where the challenge is to create a baby-themed card (mine is in the 'clean and layered' style):

I wanted to use a set from the new catalogue called 'Something for Baby' - a lovely set with lots of baby motifs; not only that, it also has a set of matching framelits - perfect! My card is in fact stacked with new product - see if you can spot it all:

Did you get it all? My card base is Crisp Cantaloupe and I then matted two of the different patterns in one of the new DSP paper packs called 'Lullaby' onto a base of Baked Brown Sugar, and used a strip of the same colour to tie them together. I stamped the central strip with the heart stamp from the 'Something to Say' stamp set to echo the hearts on the bottom panel, although you can't really see them as they are obscured by the frame. I then created a frame using my Big Shot and square framelits and stamped the second half of my sentiment in the box. The first half I stamped in a contrasting colour onto a word bubble cut out with my framelits - I cut first and stamped second, which I don't usually do but I wanted my word bubble to 'hang' the opposite way (hope that makes sense!) - another sentiment from the 'Something To Say' set. I then embellished my card with a cute Crisp Cantaloupe babygro, complete with a Calypso Coral flower, and pair of booties, all popped up on dimensionals.

Hope you like my cute little baby girl card - lots of great sneak peeks there; only 5 more days to go until the new annual catalogue is here! And only 4 more days until my 2014-15 catalogue launch party: full details here and lots more to see so do come along!

Back tomorrow with a special project; until then, happy stampin'!

* Something for Baby stamp set and co-ordinating framelits - available 1st July

* Something to Say stamp set - available 1st July

* Lullaby Designer Series Paper - available 1st July

Delphine
DelphineUnited Kingdom
6/27/2014 9:37:03 PM #

What a nice card Joanne ^^ I love the sentiment and the little socks Smile So cute ^^ Can't wait to discover what's in the new catalogue Smile

6/27/2014 10:23:56 PM #

This is just a taster Delphine - the new catalogue is awesome! Not long to go now xx

Kay Miller
Kay MillerUnited States
6/28/2014 8:11:07 PM #

Oh now that is just precious!! The colors you've used are so pretty and I love everything about this card!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

6/29/2014 10:06:23 PM #

Thank you Kay for such lovely comments! The colours are really pretty for a baby card, for sure.

Ardyth
ArdythCanada
6/29/2014 12:15:27 AM #

I love this colour combination - and those booties are to 'die' for! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

6/29/2014 10:06:53 PM #

Thanks Ardyth - I agree the booties are just the cutest!

Martha H.
Martha H.United States
6/29/2014 8:30:21 PM #

Super cute card!  I love the color combo!

6/29/2014 10:07:24 PM #

Thank you Martha - perfect colours for a baby girl card!

Pam Staples
Pam StaplesUnited States
6/30/2014 3:09:51 AM #

Such a sweet, cute card!  Love how you brought all the elements together based on the sketch.  The colors are perfect.  Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch and hope to see more of your fun creations.

6/30/2014 11:31:10 AM #

Thanks Pam - I loved this week's sketch and just couldn't wait to create with it! I love a good sketch challenge.

Pam Staples
Pam StaplesUnited States
7/9/2014 2:02:15 AM #

Hi Joanne... Well, I'm so glad you enjoyed this weeks sketch and your card is absolutely darling.  On that note, I'll be featuring you and your card this week as part of our Featured Artisan blog post for Sketch #99.

7/9/2014 9:15:36 AM #

Oh that's fantastic news! Thanks so much Pam. I look forward to playing along again soon!

Nora
NoraUnited States
7/2/2014 2:05:29 AM #

What an adorable card!! I love the word balloon and those booties are too cute. Fabulous take on the challenges!!

7/3/2014 11:11:38 PM #

Thanks Nora - I'm really pleased with how this card turned out!

Kim Skinner
Kim SkinnerUnited States
7/2/2014 2:34:34 AM #

What a beautiful card.  It's so sweet!  Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

7/3/2014 11:12:07 PM #

Thank you Kim - some little cutie will be so deserving of this card!

Jan M
Jan MAustralia
7/2/2014 2:39:53 PM #

Such a cute baby card!  I love that pretty DSP and those cute socks! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week Smile

7/3/2014 11:12:46 PM #

So glad you like my card Jan - great sketch this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!