Get Well Soon Dad!

by Joanne James9. June 2014 23:10

Today I'm sharing a card I made using this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the lovely colours at Colour Q:

My Dad had a knee replacement operation last week and so I wanted to send him a 'get well soon' card that would brighten his day - here is my card:

I used a base of Night of Navy along with a mat in Tangerine Tango and using the sticking plaster from an old 2013 Sale-A-Bration set, Patterned Occasions (minus the attached sentiment), stamped it in the challenge colours and cut them out and adhered them to my card following the sketch layout. I coupled them with a simple 'get well soon' sentiment from the ever-so-useful Delightful Dozen stamp set (due to retire at the end of this month) and added a tiny Bashful blue heart punched with my trusty owl punch to finish.

I love the look of the stuck-on sticky plasters, which works so well with the get well theme - I'm sure my Dad wishes his knee could have been fixed that easily!

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
6/10/2014 12:45:34 AM #

Cute get well card!  I'm sure your Dad will love it!  Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

6/10/2014 10:00:59 AM #

Thanks Jen - a great colour combo for a masculine card with a brighter feel, perfect for a get well soon!

Taunya Butler
Taunya ButlerUnited States
6/10/2014 3:43:39 AM #

Cute, cute, and more cuteness!! Love it, love the color choice, and it just turned out so well!! Like it alot!!

6/10/2014 10:02:04 AM #

Thank you Taunya - I agree, those sticky plasters are cute and the colours just make it a nice masculine card! So glad you like it!!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
6/10/2014 3:29:01 PM #

Oh, this is so sweet! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Sylvia
SylviaUnited States
6/11/2014 6:02:36 AM #

Cute card, Joanne, love all the band-aides! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

6/11/2014 10:01:45 PM #

Thanks Sylvia - great colour combo this week!

Maureen Merritt
Maureen MerrittUnited States
6/11/2014 2:19:48 PM #

This is so cute!  I love the color combo.   Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

6/11/2014 10:02:44 PM #

Thanks Maureen - a fun sketch this week!

Michelle Leone
Michelle LeoneUnited States
6/14/2014 1:30:59 AM #

Adorable..... beautiful colors and a perfect CTS #79 card!!

6/17/2014 10:36:53 AM #

Thanks Michelle - glad you liked it!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.