Smile - It's Your Birthday!

by Joanne James23. March 2014 22:57

Good morning blog readers! It's Monday and the start of another busy week. Today I'm sharing my card for this week's Pals Paper Art challenge. I was thrilled to be a Top 3 winner over at PPA last week with my flowerpot card (if you missed it, you can see it here). This week the Pals have a great sketch by the talented Margaret Moody:

I was initially tempted to use a feature piece of DSP for panel 2, however I had some punched butterflies left over from preparing my weekend Spring banner class and decided instead to use them to create my card. Here it is:

I used a Soft Sky base, then layered a Whisper White panel on Daffodil Delight and carefully aligned my punched butterflies. I finished by stamping the 'Smile' sentiment in Versamark and heat embossing with clear embossing powder onto a panel of So Saffron, which I raised on dimensionals. A simple layout that worked for me and saved my excess butterflies from the scrap box; who else hoards bits and pieces then never goes back to use them on a card, instead punching the shape from a fresh piece of cardstock? Go on, admit it - we've all done it ;-). I loved the mix of brights and subtles on this card and the feeling of spring that it conjures up.

I'm off to do some work before meeting some friends I haven't seen in a while for lunch. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Punch Art | Stamping

Goldie
GoldieUnited States
3/24/2014 6:57:47 PM #

Perfect. Card! Love!

3/25/2014 11:47:57 PM #

Thanks Goldie!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/25/2014 1:28:23 AM #

These bright butterflies definitely make me smile!  Lovely card!  Thanks for joining us at PPA!

3/25/2014 11:49:25 PM #

So glad my card made you smile Linda. Loved the sketch this week.

Kerry Willard Bray
Kerry Willard BrayUnited States
3/26/2014 12:36:17 AM #

The minute I saw this card, I too could not help but smile! It is so very cheerful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Pals Paper Arts!

3/26/2014 10:51:55 PM #

Thanks Kerry -  I thought it was the perfect card to start a new week and I'm so glad it made you smile too!

3/26/2014 11:23:01 AM #

Very pretty, Joanne!  Springy and fresh!  Congrats on the PPA win too!

3/26/2014 10:52:41 PM #

Thanks LeAnne - my second PPA win in 2 weeks - woohoo!

Michelle Quinno
Michelle QuinnoUnited States
3/27/2014 1:27:47 AM #

Such a beautiful card!

3/27/2014 4:50:41 PM #

Thanks Michelle!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!