St Patrick's Day MDS Lucky Frameable

by Joanne James9. March 2014 22:18

Good evening blog readers! Well, what a lovely day - today it was so mild and warm it almost felt like summer! I used my washing line for the first time this year and had a lovely couple of hours out riding my bicycle with the rest of the James family this afternoon, then came home and finished carving my first set of Undefined stamps. More on that later in the week; today I have an entry for this week's Colour Q challenge, where this is the inspiration:

When I saw the colour scheme and clover leaf-type flowers, I immediately thought of St Patrick's Day; whilst not Irish myself (I'm not even wanting to admit my Welsh heritage following the Five Nations rugby results today!) this is the month when the Irish also celebrate their patron saint day, so having made daffodils for St David's Day last week, today it's the turn of the shamrock. I turned to My Digital Studio and created this Lucky Frameable, which could be used either on a card or framed as a piece of home décor:

I love these graphic frameables (here's one I did for my New year cards this year) - you can play around with them until you get the look you're after. The other bonus with using MDS for today's project is that I could use all of the suggested colours, including the retired Glorious Green.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Sylvia
SylviaUnited States
3/10/2014 4:16:11 AM #

Love this, Joanne, I forgot I had a stampin roller and your piece made me think of it! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

3/11/2014 3:11:06 PM #

Always good to 'rediscover' items in your stash - have fun with your roller, Sylvia!

Claire A
Claire AAustralia
3/10/2014 12:13:38 PM #

What a great way to use the colours..that would look so great on a plain white card...the perfect St Patricks card! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

3/11/2014 3:11:50 PM #

Thanks Claire - I saw the colours and photo and immediately thought of St Patrick's Day!

3/15/2014 1:35:33 AM #

Oh my goodness...I just posted something very similar to this today, and I PROMISE I did not CASE you!  But it is very similar!!!  Well, I guess great minds think alike!  I am thrilled that you used the CQC colors too!  It's awesome!

3/16/2014 8:49:54 PM #

Great minds do indeed think alike - hugs to you! I saw the CQC colours and remembered the MDS download - I love these graphic artworks. I'm off to peek at yours now Smile xx

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: