Is it a present? No it's a card! FMS105

by Joanne James30. September 2013 15:57

Apologies for the lack of blog posts for the last couple of days - I've had a streaming cold (back to school sniffles passed on by James Juniors - gotta love 'em!) and I also spent all day yesterday at the wedding of my friend and neighbour Annette. I'll share the wedding card and makes another time, but today I've been feeling much better so have managed some crafting and I'm going to sneak in a last minute entry to this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge (and not a stamp in sight!). This is this week's sketch:

When I first saw this sketch, I immediately knew what I was going to do with it - I thought it would make a great Christmas present, topped off with a lovely bow; so, here's my interpretation:

I know this card will need a box rather than an envelope due to the size of the bow on the front, but I just couldn't resist - the new die cut bow provides a great focal point. I angled the ribbon 'ends' downwards rather than out to the sides, because I still wanted the four boxes and the connecting lines to be visible. These bows are so easy to make - they will be decorating lots of my festive packages this season.

I'm also going to link up with Just Add Ink where the challenge this week is 'bows' (JAI #184).

I think I've got the bug for challenges now; I was delighted that my Dasher card from last week was chosen by LeAnne Pugliese as one of the 'A Cut Above' runners up with the Paper Players - if you missed it, you can check it out here.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Gift Bow Bigz L DieSeason Of Style Designer Series PaperBig Shot Die-Cut Machine - by Stampin' Up!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

3D Projects | Cards

Marlene
MarleneAustralia
10/1/2013 5:19:56 AM #

This is so cute!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
10/1/2013 10:24:54 AM #

Glad you like it Marlene.

Christine Blain
Christine BlainAustralia
10/1/2013 6:29:35 AM #

Joanne, this is lovely!  I really like the pattern you've made with the striped paper, and that bow certainly takes centre stage!  Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

10/1/2013 10:26:27 AM #

Thanks for your kind comments Christine - I look forward to seeing what the other participants come up with.

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
10/1/2013 10:54:42 AM #

Just like a perfectly wrapped present Joanne! Love how you angled your DSP and draws you in to the bow. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Louise Sharp
Louise SharpAustralia
10/1/2013 11:04:38 AM #

This is such a stunning card Joanne. Your bow just pops off the page and I love the idea of the present - such a clever concept! Louise - Just Add Ink Design Team. xx

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
10/1/2013 1:28:56 PM #

I love the simplicity of this card - it does look like a present. You've used great colours.  I like how the DSP draws your eyes into the bow. Chantell JAI

Nicole Spencer
Nicole SpencerAustralia
10/1/2013 3:08:45 PM #

Love this layout Joanne and your beautiful big bow is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here

Coming Soon!

The new Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue launches on 4th August - you will be able to download your copy here!

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!