Pampered Pets CAS Birthday Card PP509

by Joanne James20. September 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous LeAnne to host this week and she has a timely Clean and Simple challenge for you to work with:

I used this week's sketch over at The Paper Craft Crew which was perfect for a clean and simple card, grabbed my Playful Pets designer paper and set to work - take a look:

Pampered Pets - I pulled out my Playful Pets designer paper and after adding a strip, I diecut one of the dogs from the set and layered it with a scalloped rectangle and a sentiment banner. The only stamping on the front of my card is the sentiment and some sponged pawprints.

Inside Action - I added a sentiment and a stamped outline of the same puppy from the Pampered Pets stamp set on the inside of my card:

Clean and Simple - A reminder that this week is clean and simple week, so in addition to the theme of 'pets', your cards should meet the following criteria:

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered

I think the fact that it's taken me longer to write this post than make my card is probably a good indicator that I ticked the 'clean and simple' box, but the distraction of the comedy I'm watching on TV might also have something to with that! Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
9/20/2020 12:02:04 PM #

LOL, I used this sketch for my first "not-so-CAS" card, but you managed to nail the CAS part perfectly!  I LOVE how you stenciled the paw prints behind the pup!  SO FUN!  Love it all!  Thanks for making such a cute creation for my challenge this week!

9/20/2020 5:54:01 PM #

Joanne, this is so adorable!  I love that little puppy and all the stenciled paw prints are fantastic!  I always love a red and black combo.  Just pops out in the gallery!  I hope you have a fabulous week, My Friend!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
9/20/2020 9:44:38 PM #

That dog is my fav from that suite, reminds of the "Tramp" from the old Lady and the Tramp Disney film.  Such a cute design, Joanne, with the paw prints and fun dsp!  Love it!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
9/21/2020 12:29:23 AM #

Absolutely adorable, Joanne! I love how you used the sketch with the CAS design. Those little sponged paw prints are such a cute touch, too. We are expecting some rain tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of those little prints all over my floors, I'm sure. They are MUCH cuter on the card! Haha!

Jan Musselman
Jan MusselmanUnited States
9/21/2020 2:24:11 AM #

This is such an adorable card, Joanne! And a great take on this weeks sketch too. Love the paw prints. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

ANN SCHACH
ANN SCHACHUnited States
9/24/2020 3:02:44 PM #

Adorable, Joanne! What an awesome sketch to really show off this pup! The paw prints are the perfect accent. It's just as cute on the inside, too. Great job!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
9/25/2020 1:36:10 PM #

Joanne, I love the little die-cut pup against that red scallop rectangle.  The stamped hearts and jewels are the perfect finishing touch for this fabulous CAS card
hugs
jaydee

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
9/25/2020 4:06:42 PM #

Hmm - sorry if this is a double.  Not sure what happened...  Anywho.  I Love this card, Joanne!  That sweet pooch with his bold pop of red behind him is simply a perfect element for your wonderful CAS card! Smile

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
9/25/2020 8:09:45 PM #

So adorable, love all the little details!

kimberly skinner
kimberly skinnerUnited States
9/28/2020 5:10:46 PM #

This is adorable, Joanne!!!  I love the pop of red behind that sweet pup!  Thank you for playing along with the Papercraft Crew!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!