Night Before Christmas Memories and More Reindeer for PP469

by Joanne James24. November 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

Despite the fact that I chose the sketch, I struggled with it initially - too many possibilities I think and I almost couldn't decide what to choose as my focal point! In the end I made a couple of cards - I'll share the second one with you tomorrow, along with a co-ordinating gift box. For today I settled on this colourful little fella - take a look:

Night Before Christmas - I decided to use this bright and bold reindeer patterned paper from the Night Before Christmas paper pack as the starting point for my card. This bold pattern works really well for a background and the spots were one of my two for my second attempt at the 'Take Two' challenge over at Just Add Ink this week. The second part was the strip of (retired) copper glimmer paper that I used along the edge of my sentiment strip and the trio of Holiday Rhinestones I used for some added bling and sparkle.

A Majestic Deer - I used one of the deer stickers from the Night Before Christmas Memories and More Pack as my focal point. I backed him with a Mossy Meadow stitched circle and popped him up on dimensionals to make him stand out. He is slightly larger than the deer on the paper so works well to emphasise the design and bring it into focus.

Itty Bitty Christmas - The sentiment on my card is from the 'Itty Bitty Christmas' stamp set. This is a great Christmas standard, with a ton of festive sentiments in a variety of shapes and sizes for both the inside and outside of cards.

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we had a day of sport yesterday with both hockey match and swimming competitions so today will hopefully be a slightly more restful one. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/24/2019 3:25:08 PM #

Joanne, such a great sketch this week and I love how you showcased that wonderful DSP.  I also love your gems and how they carry elements from your DSP to your focal layer.   Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/24/2019 6:46:58 PM #

So bright and cheerful! Love the narrow Cherry Cobbler border and the flash of gold glimmer paper.

Patrice Easton
Patrice EastonAustralia
11/24/2019 11:52:31 PM #

I love the copper glimmer paper, Joanne. Such a fun Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink. x

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
11/25/2019 2:16:12 AM #

I absolutely LOVE this card, Joanne! This pattern is one of my all-time faves, and you have showcased it to perfection. Have a wonderful week!

Jan M
Jan MAustralia
11/25/2019 8:45:53 AM #

Such a great idea to go with the bright DSP and non- traditional colour scheme Joanne! I love your focus on the reindeer and how the sparkles and spots really bring your scene to life. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
11/26/2019 2:09:04 PM #

Ohhh these are great non-traditional Christmas colours Joanne.  They are lovely and bright.  A really fun card.  Chantell xx

11/27/2019 2:47:36 PM #

I wondered where that big reindeer came from...totally missed those in that Memories pack!  He looks fabulous with your background DSP....another one that was a challenge for me!  He is quite dapper here, though, love all your elements together!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
11/29/2019 7:04:22 PM #

What a stand-out card! I love this designer paper with its non-conventional colours and the Memories pack looks handy! Vicky x

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
11/30/2019 12:48:15 AM #

Joanne, I loved the sketch this week and you really inspired me to use the Memories and More cards yet again with your fabulous card. The sparkly details are the perfect finishing touches, too.

11/30/2019 12:57:36 AM #

Joanne, I love this week's sketch!  Your card is fabulous!  I just love the DSP.  I should order it!  Using a sticker for your focal point is so clever.  I should do that more often!  Hope you have a fantastic weekend!  XX

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
11/30/2019 2:08:05 AM #

Love your prancing reindeers!  Love the colors too!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: