Cookie Cutter Skeleton Halloween Card

by Joanne James17. October 2016 07:00

Happy Monday everyone! I'm here with a nice early blog post - let's hope that the week continues in this vein! Today I have a card for this week's CASOLOGY challenge where the code word is 'spooky', that uses this week's TGIF Challenge sketch and the colours over at Colour Q:

I decided I had to ink up one of my Cookie Cutter Halloween stamps for today's card - take a look:

A spooky skeleton - how cute is he?! Here's the low-down on today's card:

Not Just For Christmas - What's better than a punch and a co-ordinating stamp set? Why, a punch and TWO co-ordinating stamp sets! The skeleton I used on my card today is from the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set. This is a second set that, like Cookie Cutter Christmas, also co-ordinates with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and has a number of fun Halloween characters, including a scarecrow that is also perfect for autumn cards. I stamped him in Archival Black onto Very Vanilla cardstock and punched him out.

Ways With Washi - I used some retired Halloween washi tape to create my striped panel behind my skeleton. The newsprint includes stories about Halloween and the skulls provided a contrast whilst still fitting in with my skeletal theme.

He's All Heart - My spot of colour really is just that, in the form of a bright Real Red enamel heart shape. It adds just enough dimension and shine to really make the colour pop!

I have a day of appointments and errands today, so will be kept more than busy. Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

hannelie Bester
hannelie BesterU.A.E.
10/17/2016 3:33:58 PM #

Oh my... those eye ARE scary!
Love your card for our CASology cue this week Joanne!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/17/2016 9:22:57 PM #

Cute! I love that heart!!!

Kymona Tracey
Kymona TraceyUnited States
10/17/2016 11:22:10 PM #

Hey Joanne!! Great card.  That little guys heart is so cute.  I love how you added that.  Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge.

sandym
sandymUnited States
10/18/2016 12:35:51 AM #

Adorable, Joanne! Great use of washi tape, and you nailed the color challenge!

10/21/2016 10:24:20 PM #

Joanne, this is fabulous!  Love your little skeleton with his red heart!  XX

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: