Sitting Here Thinking Of You

by Joanne James9. June 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

I decided to use the new stamp set 'Sitting Here' for my card today - take a look:

Sitting Here - This set has a lovely collection of images for colouring along with a selection of sentiments that focus around the swing seat that I've featured on my card today. It's a great set for creating little scenes and as well as the cushions and bird that I've used today, also includes a cat, dot, basket and patio pot of flowers. It's a great set for practising masking (more on that another day!) Today I stamped and coloured my seat in the challenge colours and added a couple of pillows that I fussy cut out and placed, with the round one on a dimensional for a little extra lift.

Blocks of Colour - My card today is all about the colour so I decided to add a trio of colour blocks along the right hand edge of my card to highlight my sentiment and leave my stamped image uncluttered.

A Vertical Sentiment - I could have positioned my sentiment in a number of ways, but decided to ring the changes and go with a vertical placement on today's card. And I like it!

A simple card today that uses minimal supplies - using a set with many possibilities!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

I'm off to my coaching group this morning and have some lat minute preparations for my open house tomorrow to make this afternoon. Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Sitting Here Photopolymer Stamp Set

Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
6/9/2016 9:20:31 PM #

Great card Joanne. Its a very peaceful, relaxing card to look at Smile

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
6/12/2016 12:00:23 AM #

Love how clean and simple this card is.  Just the swing and a fun greeting.  Your watercolor is fantastic!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
6/12/2016 5:08:17 PM #

I just want to sit on that swing and relax! Awesome CAS card!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert
Sharon Hashimoto BurkertUnited States
6/14/2016 4:09:37 AM #

I love the layout of your card.  Simple but very impactful.   You did a wonderful job coloring in the image.  Fabulous!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
6/15/2016 11:05:51 PM #

Joanne - your coloring on this swing and pillows is AH-MAZING! So life-like that it makes me want to come and sit right on it! Great job!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
6/16/2016 1:43:01 AM #

Love the vertical greeting!  Just got that set and can't wait to play with it!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!