So Very Kind of You Girly Thank You Card

by Joanne James17. May 2015 10:00

It's Sunday and time for another challenge over at The Paper Players! There was some great inspiration using LeAnne's colour palette last week and this week it is the turn of the lovely Jaydee, who has a great CAS-themed challenge to get us creating this week:

Girly thanks - I immediately thought 'flowers' for this one and wanted to use some of the lovely 'Gold Soiree' specialty DSP. It's rather busy for a clean-and-simple card though, so I toned it down with a vellum overlay - take a look:

I matted a piece of DSP on some Garden Green with a base of Pistachio Pudding, then on a piece of vellum stamped my thank you sentiment from the 'Big on You' stamp set in Calypso Coral and Garden Green inks and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a lovely textured shine (although this is difficult to see in the photograph). I wrapped the vellum with a piece of Pistachio Pudding thick baker's twine and finished with single Calypso Coral flower stamped in the same colour using the 'Flower Shoppe' stamp set and punched out with the co-ordinating Pansy punch (the Garden Green leaves were a couple of wings punched with the Bird Punch) and a cluster of pearls. Here's a close-up of the flower, which echoes the pattern on the paper beneath the vellum overlay:

I then adhered the vellum overlay to the base using dimensionals, attached behind the flower and the stamped sentiment, so that they aren't visible on the top layer. I love these big, bold sentiment stamps and the floral DSP - both of which will be retiring at the end of the month, so if they're on your wishlist you should snap them up now before it's too late!

So that's my clean and simple floral thanks today - I'm also linking my card up over at SUO Challenges, where the current theme is 'fun flowers'. Before you reach for your inks and thank you stamps, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Debbie Mageed
Karren Johnson
Shannon Jaramillo

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing your CAS creations this week. I'm looking forward to a quiet family day today as I recover from the yesterday's Stampin' Up! UK Regional Event.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
5/17/2015 2:18:11 PM #

The vellum was a clever idea...I love the soft look! So pretty, and the flowers are the way I went too..girly to me!

Have a great day!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
5/17/2015 5:18:42 PM #

Love the vellum overlay here, Joanne.  What a perfect way to tone down the colors and really highlight the bold and beautiful sentiment.  It all adds such interest but still manages a clean and simple look.  Lovely, my friend!

5/18/2015 1:32:11 AM #

Oh Joanne, I love the vellum overlay!  It is a fantastic way to soften DSP!  This big bold sentiment says it all!  The twine is a perfect touch!  Just lovely, My Friend!  XX

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
5/18/2015 7:02:06 AM #

Beautiful card!  The vellum really adds a soft and serene note to your card and I love the big sentiment.

Maria Rodriguez
Maria RodriguezUnited States
5/18/2015 3:17:37 PM #

Beautiful card, the way you used the Vellum really gave the DSP, which is gorgeous, a very soft and aery look, the bold sentiment takes center stage along with that beautiful flower.
Thank you for sharing.
Maria.

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
5/19/2015 5:17:01 AM #

Love the vellum overlay along with your flower embellishment and gorgeous sentiment!  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

5/19/2015 2:05:12 PM #

This Soiree pattern is probably my "favoritest" out of the whole catalog!  I love that you softened it with the vellum, too, makes it even prettier!  It looks complicated but it really is pretty simple with the single flower and the twine stems!  That big sentiment is perfect!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
5/19/2015 10:51:17 PM #

A very pretty card, Joanne! I love the vellum layer and the delicate flowers peeking through. Quite girly!

Debbie Mageed
Debbie MageedUnited States
5/20/2015 2:05:52 PM #

Wonderful card with such a muted tone from the vellum. I need to remember that technique! Love the large sentiments as well and they are a great way to hide adhesive!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
5/22/2015 2:30:41 PM #

Joanne, the vellum really does help to soften those bright colours and allows your sentiment to shine.  I also love the fact that you used the two colours for the sentiment to bring everything together.  Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
5/23/2015 2:38:13 AM #

I must join in and say that the vellum overlay is perfect! And I really love it with the thin border of green around it, really makes the whole thing pop! Lovely card this week!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/23/2015 4:48:38 AM #

The vellum overlay is the perfect touch to this beautiful card, Joanne! I also love the tiny pearl detail. Absolutely gorgeous!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
5/24/2015 12:11:06 AM #

Oh, LOVE how the vellum toned down the busy print...I must remember that!  Love the flower with the BIG words!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
5/24/2015 8:06:30 AM #

great idea using the Vellum over the DSP.  So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO this week.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!