So Very Grateful Three Panel Card

by Joanne James16. June 2014 20:56

Today's creative post uses the colours for this week's Colour Me...! Challenge (although I am not linking up this week as the challenge has already closed) and I've used this week's sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches for my layout:

I decided to get out my 'So Very Grateful' stamp set for this card - I can't quite believe this set will be leaving us at the end of the month, I love it and don't feel I've used it anywhere near enough. This is a good time to point out that whilst there's always lots of focus on those items in the main catalogue that are retiring, we sometimes forget about the lovely stamps that are in the Spring-Summer seasonal catalogue that will also no longer be available after 30th June. If you still have items on your wishlist, you've only got a couple of weeks to find out whether they are being carried over into the new annual catalogue or whether they will be gone for good. So, here is my card:

I used a base of Pear Pizzazz then decided to create three clear panels for my card and stamped the main flower image from the set in the challenge colours on white for the outer pieces, then stamped the same image in Versamark on the central panel of Marina Mist and heat embossed in white. I finished the central panel with a piece of 'vintage' Marina Mist taffeta ribbon and lastly added my sentiment to the bottom panel.

This card makes me think of the old saying 'blue and green should never be seen, unless there's a colour in between' - I have to say, I think this card looks really fresh and old saying or not, I'd have to disagree!

Back tomorrow with a sneak peek; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Reisa
ReisaUnited States
17/06/2014 16:56:36 #

I love this card, nice and crisp and a great card for me to send to Operation Write Home.  Thanks so much for sharing

18/06/2014 17:39:49 #

Hi Reisa - so glad you like it and yes I agree, it would make a perfect Operation Write Home card. Lots of interest even without a sentiment too and you could make it in lots of different colour combinations.

karen h
karen hUnited States
17/06/2014 19:41:15 #

Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! I too love this stamp set - and I love how you have used it here with the sketch!

18/06/2014 17:41:55 #

Thanks Karen - I worried that it was a little too 'structured' given the blending of the sketch yet I'm really pleased with the outcome.

Lizy
LizyUnited Kingdom
18/06/2014 22:53:06 #

Hi Jane! I really love your clean card! The way you stamped the image in the 3 complimentary colours is really effective! Smile
Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week!
Lizy xx

19/06/2014 11:50:01 #

Thanks Lizy - I love the fresh feel of this card, great sketch too - next time I use it I'm going to try something a little less structured!

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Host a party

Host a Stampin' Up! party in June and receive an extra £30 in Stampin' Up! Rewards for qualifying party sales of £300 or more. Contact me to book yours!

Current June hostess code:

B3C3DUB6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!